Sign in to follow this  
Wilson_B

AI carrying wounded for cutscene

Im doing an intro for the campaign I am making and in this particular scene a wounded PMC is found and carried to a car by insurgents. Now I am wondering how or if I can force one of the insurgents to pick up the PMC on startup of waypoint init line. Any ideas anyone? All I could think of was setting up the modules for first aid stuff, so the action could maybe be avaliable to ai then fig out how to command them to init the procedure for pickup of named unit?:S Ill have to tinker...

Edited by Wilson_B

Hi,

Here is a mission that does something like this.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lr5d243zevpca64

One unit will run to the unit wounded, pick him up and run to the SUV. But it looks a bit weird. I used a few animations to simulate this and attached the wounded to the first unit.

Just dragging the wounded unit would work and look better.

I tried to find a action for dragging and carrying but it seems there aren´t any.

First, the download link doesn't seem to work for me ^^ above.

Second, thanks for offering it.

And last, is there a known scripting way to get the AI to carry the ACE stretcher and place a wounded AI or player onto it? I'm assuming it can be done with the attachTo command on both the placement of the wounded on top of the stretcher, and the same for the placement of the stretcher bearers maybe?

If I can work on it, I'll try to post it up if I can work it all out. Would be a cool thing for your idea....well, except for the fact that I doubt insurgents would take the time to officially carry him via stretcher.

Edited by Raptor 6 Actual
who knows?