Sign in to follow this  
victim913

how to get my retex back to .paa

I have been working on some skins and I want to see them in game. I put them in texview and saved them as .tga. Then i did what i wanted and now I need to convert the image back to .paa.

If i save the original image as a .tga after texview, I can still open them with texview and save them back to .paa.

But it's the reskins that won't open in texview. I keep getting "error loading image"

First of all I am using Gimp. When i save the .tga it asks me where to start the compression i think. It's something like I can start it from top right corner or bottom left. (something like that)

I know with BF2 i had to use certain compession with mipmaps and alpha channels etc...

So my question is, Can I save it as a jpg or bmp or something and open it in texview to save as .paa? OR Any other type of image? If so, any specific compressions or details on what to save it as in order to go back to .paa?

I tried using the *all files and manually type in .paa but it wont

Thanks

You could try to run pal2pace on the files. Its part of the texview folder and a command line tool.

It made textures work again that crash texview.

If you save your .tga in gimp you should unmark the compression.

Then it should be no problem to open the .tga in texview.

I didnt think about unchecking the compression. I assumed it was required. Worked like a charm thanks

I've got the solution. Only my second post on here, but I've been browsing for a while. Open up any stock paa file. You'll see 4 boxes. The top two should say RGB or something like that. The bottom two should say DXT1, maybe DXT3. That's a .DDS format. Save your retextures as .DDS with DXT1 format and then open them in TexView2. Then, save as .PAA. Yes, I've tested it, done it a bunch, and it works.