Sign in to follow this  
Joe98

Screen shots of the targeting icons?

Perhaps experienced players can provide screen shots of the various targeting icons?

One of the icons is “board that vehicleâ€.

The reason I ask is that last night I ordered a team to fire on a specific target. I pressed SPACE and highlighted that enemy with a red icon.

But instead of ordering them to fire it seems I ordered them to “move to that manâ€.

Obviously I was presented with an icon but didn't recognise that it was a "move" icon instead of a "fire" icon.

Is it possible to get screen shots of all the various icons. They are not in the manual.

-

I pressed SPACE and highlighted that enemy with a red icon.

But instead of ordering them to fire it seems I ordered them to “move to that manâ€.

Just FYI: That means your target was already dead.

That's odd. In the campaign I have see red icons moving. That is a target that I have been given to fire on.

-

That's odd. In the campaign I have see red icons moving. That is a target that I have been given to fire on.

-

The dude you are controlling has to "spot" them ingame first so that the spotted enemy "info" is transferred to the targeting menu. That you with your human eyes see them isnt always enough at long range.

(edit: 1min mark if autoskip dosent work)

The AI sound is a little high, but what I am saying is that I am look at the targets in the binnos and right click to "send" the info of spotted enemies to the AI because this way you can spot them at longer ranges than the AI does automatically, which includes your controllable squad leader avatar.

Edited by JojoTheSlayer

...But instead of ordering them to fire it seems I ordered them to “move to that manâ€...

Yes that happens to me sometimes because the highlight tends to slip to the Move order if you're not careful, so we just have to doublecheck.

I'm currently testing out the best ways to issue orders with hotkeys to try to find the quickest simplest method.

For example when commanding a squad and you come under fire, hitting these 3 keys quickly one after the other:- SPACE> 7> 8 is a life saver because it makes the squad drop Prone, it's quicker than using the mouse wheel to scroll up/down the orders list.

For the record here are some important 3-key sequences-

POSTURE

(Stand): -------------SPACE > 7 > 6

(Crouch): ------------SPACE > 7 > 7

(Prone): -------------SPACE > 7 > 8

FORMATION

(Column): ------------SPACE > 8 > 1

(Staggered col): ------SPACE > 8 > 2

(Wedge): -------------SPACE > 8 > 3

(Echelon right): -------SPACE > 8 > 4

(Echelon left): --------SPACE > 8 > 5

(Vee): ----------------SPACE > 8 > 6

(Line): ----------------SPACE > 8 > 7

(Column Compact): ----SPACE > 8 > 8

(Delta): ---------------SPACE > 8 > 9

Edited by PoorOldSpike

Spike, I have neatly typed all the keystrokes out on 2 sheets of A4 paper.

Better than that, yesterday I got a gaming keyboard!

Space

Go Prone

Space

Danger

Space

Face North

A total of 8 keystrokes......

Have now been repaced by one macro recorded keystroke: G11

:)

A very important one that I use often is:

Space > 3 > 2 (Hold fire)

Thats the one I use most often also, sometimes the AI still go against the order though...:(