Sign in to follow this  
frank94

Arma II: OA Demo Help!!!

Hello all. I am trying to create a mission in the demo so I can try and show my friend some other parts of Arma II:OA. But I am having trouble hosting a game with the mission I want. When I got to pick what mission I want to play, I don't even see my mission in the list. Only the two that come with the demo. One problem is that I don't even have a MPMissions folder. But I am not sure if you NEED this or not for the demo. This is a link to what I see in the demo folder. http://tinypic.com/r/vrc3sx/7 I have tried to create a MPMissions folder and when I went into the mission editor and "exported to my multiplayer missions" and did indeed show up in the folder. But I sill couldn't select it when I went to host a game. Any ideas??:confused:

Hey frank .... bite the bullet, man up and buy the full game. BEST money you will EVER spend in your life.

I'm practically married to Arma2 .... she's a hard taskmaster but VERY GIVING ;)

You won't regret it. Then you'll get hooked and drive your mates insane until THEY buy Arma2 (CO of course !)

Oh I have Both Arma 2 and Arma 2: OA. :) Like I said I just wanted to show my friend some of the stuff you can really do with Arma.

Use the full game not the demo.

Think of it this way if and when they decide to buy the game, their not going to buy the demo, so show them what you got.

Well I was planning on using the demo so that we can both play the game at the same time. Does anyone have any ideas on a way to fix this problem?

§22) Use descriptive thread titles

If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing people to read through your post first. Thread titles such as "How in the world do I...", "Need help!" or "Will we ever see..." are anything but descriptive. We do not allow these kind of titles and threads with such titles are subject to be closed.

Please try to choose a thread title that better describes your problem next time.

I totally get you. I used the demo to get a friend to buy Arma. Did not work unfortunately. It did not spark within him I guess. :rolleyes:

I write this from the top of my head so if it does not work reply and I see if I can recreate what I did.

1. Create your mission in the editor

2. save as user mission

3. then copy the mission folder from

C:\Users\"YourName"\Documents\ArmA 2 OA Demo\missions

to

C:\Users\"YourName"\Documents\ArmA 2 OA Demo\MPMissions

if you use more than one nick that stuff might be found under

C:\Users\"YourName"\Documents\ArmA 2 OA Demo Other Profiles\"YourArmaName"

I believe that worked for me. Hope it also works for you. And good luck to get your friend to buy arma...the spagetti monster knows I have tried with mine. ;)