Sign in to follow this  
lightspeed_aust

Cameraman - observer not player

Sorry guys - I've seen a gazillion camera threads and hate to add another but not sure which camera script i need. Maybe someone knows and can point me at the right one.

I want a player to have a freecam view so he can record the action in a MP COOP and fly over the mission area to capture what is going on around the place.

So we are talking about a camera not attached to specific players - just an independent view through an object that can look at anything and shift and move in any direction including overhead view looking down.

thanx in advance.

note - this is one of the scripts i will be using to record team in the upcoming Ghost Recon in Arma2 Tournaments.

Lighty.

you sure thats going to do it - does not seem like a free cam - you are still attached to the object and cant free roam the whole map can you?

i just had a quick test of it.

For me it is a free cam yep - unless you have a different understanding.

ok so to confirm - if there are 9 players in a MP COOP and one extra slot which is a civilian (with camera.sqs) then the guy in civilian will be able to view through a camera and follow the action of the other 9 players.

And the other 9 players will be unaffected by the camera mode?

Well you said you want a free floating camera - this camera.sqs for example.

There are other observer scripts that let you share the view of the current target player.

Either one does not affect the gameplay in any way (except if the observer shares info via chat/voice).

No, it's not a real-free floating cam unless you want a big-ass crosshair in the middle of the screen. There have been scripted add-ons for free cams, i'll check one out for you.

Try using this as an example script- I believe this will not hide your mouse cursor but if you have FRAPS and check the "hide mouse cursor" thing it shouldn't matter.

Edited by ryguy

ok Pvpscenes does work - and i have also got this one working using a radio Alpha trigger -

Open your Arma2 mission editor. Place your unit on the map. name the unit s1.

Place a trigger:

Axis a = 0

Axis b = 0

Activation: radio Alpha

On act: s1 exec "camera.sqs"; showcinemaborder false;

good to hear