Sign in to follow this  
jonaz.dk

Who want's hawk?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ May 17 2002,16:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Minion. The sort of boorish loud mouth that makes these forums hard work.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm probably twice as bad as him(hope not) I just don't see what he's on about. I read the post and all it said was he'd(not minion, jordin.dk) made the model for the HAWK launcher. That's all it say's, I have not got access to the previously hidden link so I'm not missing anything.

oh my.. god.. what have I started.. wink.gif

anyways.. I removed pic to avoid further misunderstandigs.

max file is still there.

It's not anything to do with the pic, the pic is fine. It's the fact that when someone makes a mistake there is always someone else ready to jump down your throat.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ May 17 2002,14:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Make it a fully pivotable, stationary launcher. Select targets with TAB, and fire as normal.<span id='postcolor'>

You still need somewhere to fire it from its not like some of the other SAM's where you have some kind of cockpit to sit in. So you will need to combine it with a control center or something.

And sure you could make it stationary but would be much nicer if you also could tag it to a truck that could be the control center.

An 5to truck with cabin could serve this purpose, would be more immersing and realistic than just to stand near a Hawk launcher (ouch) aiming it like an howitzer or something.

God, i wish we had functional radar screens instead of the arcade action display, that could be implemented into the interior of an vehicle.

Yeah you wouldnt wanna stand near one of those when they go off

launcher-ani.gif

Jonaz.dk it sounds like you served at a hawk battery so you must know how they look "hint"  smile.gif  smile.gif So you must know what kind of follow vehicles there are. And you sure can make nice models.

Just from searching fast i found that there are 4 parts

DEHAWK_OC_small.jpgOperational center

DEHAWK_MRS_small.jpgSearch Radar

DEHAWK_HIPIR_small.jpgTracking Radar

DEHAWK_LMK_LAUNCHER_small.jpgAnd the Hawk Battery itself

Thouse units looks pretty new..

I've only seen these older ones. (posted link before)

http://www.bw-flyer.de/hawk/hawk.htm

the BCC is where they fire the missiles. And yes you need all the units to make it super realistic..

You could create a "tank commander view" and a radar when you entered the BCC. You can't make it totally realistic but that should work.

moving the units is a different story. In real life two HAWK batteries work in concert. One covering the other when they move to remain safe and unpredictable.

The units are also trailerd to trucks. So it's a huge fucking circus when it moves.

Maybe it could work in a way like this??

You would have a small battery with following equipment:

Control truck that can attach the Hawk battery for transport.

Personel would be:

Commander

Driver

Gunner (launch Guy)

Radar Truck that can attach the radar wagon for transport.

Personal would be:

Driver

Radar operator

(and maybe a guard)

All should be grouped

Hawk radar truck and Radar wagon should have a function to raise/lower radar/legs (just like the scud raises the scud before it can be launched.

Would work like this.

The radar operator( or radar position that is) should be the only one with radar so he calls targets when they pop up (weapon view could be middle of radar), then the commander says which target to aim at (uses target menu) and when to fire and the gunner fires (kinda like ordering chopper gunners)

Well was just a thought on how it could work. The fire procedure should work by itself since thats almost the way that tanks and choppers work ingame. Only problem i see is getting AI to detach and deploy hawk/radar and reverse, and dont drive away when trying to follow a enemy.

lol paratrooper what did i say to piss you off?confused.gif

grrr i hate ppll that take things seriously >=/

i never gave toy shit about anything!!!! i knew you must have missed it .... i just pointed it out that ya missed something obvious in the post but ya musta missed it ... i said ^^^lol @ the 2 foolz abouve ... cozz both off ya did the same thing ... it was like ya both looked at the pic and didnt bother to read his post =:/

dont give me that kinda crap dude ... its not worth it =:/

and as for the other dude his reply was kinda hostile ... nothing todo with ya paratrooper .....

just he gave some sortta lame excuse about something .....

and i just see after a few posts that he could not see the pic "i think???".... but still he could have read the post and made out it was not ingame .. but the model itself was there for D/l ... but could not be used ingame....

so sorry if you saw it the wrong way ... i was not trying to coause anny fights or anything =:/

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (M|N|0N @ May 18 2002,08:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol paratrooper what did i say to piss you off?confused.gif

grrr i hate ppll that take things seriously >=/

i never gave toy shit about anything!!!! i knew you must have missed it .... i just pointed it out that ya missed something obvious in the post but ya  musta missed it ... i  said ^^^lol @ the 2 foolz abouve ... cozz both off ya did the same thing ...  it was like ya both looked at the pic and didnt bother to read his post =:/

dont give me that kinda crap dude ... its not worth it =:/

and as for the other dude his reply was kinda hostile ... nothing todo with ya paratrooper .....

just he gave some sortta lame excuse about something .....

and i just see after a few posts that he could not see the pic "i think???".... but still he could have read the post and made out it was not ingame .. but the model itself was there for D/l ... but could not be used ingame....

so sorry if you saw it the wrong way ... i was not trying to coause anny fights or anything =:/<span id='postcolor'>

Ahh shit. Does anyone know how to read?

I said I couldn't see the rest of the post cause on Communicator you can't move the pics which take up loads of room. The pics have all dissappeared so I saw the link and downloaded the max file. I don't know why you didn't just read my post. Do you skim through and only read the bits that are insulting?

Is it possible to have the hawk stationary and control it from a building far away. Surely with coding you could simply use some kind of IF "fire" = true THEN fire type command.

You wouldn't be able to control or interact with him but there could be a guy 'inside' that does the firing. Kind of like he's not there but he is as far as the game is concerned. Am I making any sense at all?

is that some sort of web browser? if so why use such a crappy browser that cant sep the words away from the pic??? or have ya just got a screwwy old moniter? cozz ther pic was not that big =:/

sorry ... but i dont bother with 3rd party browsers ... so i dunno how they work ... but it sure sound shitty what ever you are useing =:/

I'm using college internet and this site only allows use of netscape communicator. Can't even use explorer unless you have priveleges and students don't (unless you know someone).

Can't actually afford internet at home, since we get bumped here in England and not everyone is a middle-class wanker ( despite whatever image gets out).