Sign in to follow this  
nkenny

Limiting Respawns?

Hi,

In short. I'm looking for a way to provide LIMITED respawn capability to the blue-force team. I'm using a serverside publicvariable to track the number of respawns left and I'm moving the respawn_west marker as the play progresses. I'm using eventhandlers to track when blue-force dies. All this is easy-peasy stuff.

The tough part is this. Once a respawn threshold has been met (in this case 0) I'd like respawning to become unavailable-- either by enabling the Bird or some form of spectator script. Preferably like to avoid some heavy duty revive package. Simply removing the respawn_west marker from play doesn't work as blue-force will instead respawn where they stand!

Appreciate any pointers to existing solutions or a brutal reality check if this is impossible.

-k

(alternate thoughts is simply moving respawn_West to somewhere where the dead cannot participate anymore but thats hardly fun!)

Move them to area they can't participate in, then start spectator? But considering there were bird respawn bugs in early Domination for Arma1, and I managed to get "bird respawn" somehow, it should be possible. As a gamer, I would prefer spectator, as it can work good also in the dark.

In pvpscriptpack I kept the respawn marker fixed but had additional logic to move the player after they had respawned. If they ran out of lives they were moved to a special area away from the play zone and put until spectator mode.