Sign in to follow this  
dcal

Control Camera Subject

If this has been asked I apologize. I am looking for a way to control the subject in camera shot manually.

What I am looking to do is set a camera looking at a soldier or vehicle but I have the ability to control the soldier or vehicle in the shot. The camera can be stationary or locked on the subject. My goal is to capture a vehicle do something specific, which can be done manually but difficult to do scripting(for a movie)

There are several cam addons I use and have looked at, but there does not seem to be one where the subject can be controled while in camera mode. I may have missed a feature or way to do it, it would not be the first time for me. Any help that can be given is greatly appreciated.

OK guys, disregard the above. I found a workaround for what I wanted to do with attachto and alot of monkeying around(I am still somewhat new at this). For the record, I probably should have used a better example above.

Those that have played older flight sims may remember a camera view option called drop cam(even the old Warhawk game on PS1 had it) where as soon as you pushed a certain key or button the camera would stop following your plane and you could see your plane continuing forward into the distance, but you would have full control of it still. You could actually loop back around and hover in front of the camera and move from side to side up and down if you wanted to. That type of feature would be great for movie making to be able to film some specific actions without alot of scripting.

Edited by dcal
spelling

Wow, problem completely solved. I found the 'remoteControl' command which is set via a trigger that allowed me to place a soldier and remotely fly a helicopter right in front of me. worked better than the drop cam theory above.:D

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Edited by dcal
Double post

What exactly do you have to type and in which box do you do this in the trigger window?

Thanks