Sign in to follow this  
Caballero89

Couple quick questions (A-10 Airstrike, Smarter AI?)

Alright first, let me start off by saying i don't realy know how to go into the actual game files and change stuff, ive prety much just been doing it all in the editor in the "init" area.

So, first, id like to make a laser guided airstrike on command, i figured out how to give my guy the laser designator, but im not sure how to use it to call in an airstrike(prefer with an A-10)

And lastly, What do i have to do to make the enemy activly search for me? Ive got a truckfull (Ungrouped so they would go random directions when they got unloaded at the waypoint.) of Insurgents, each person has a waypoint that is set for "Search and Destroy" with a range of about 60 meters. They do a decent job at patroling the area, but when is start taking them out, the rest of them don't seem to do anything except lay down(if close enough), or shoot in my direction.

How do i make it so they will actualy try to flank me, or at least come in my direction? Do they have to all be in a squad? I have the Skill set to max on all of them.

Any help will be much appreciated

The flank thing: You can't flank someone, if youre alone. You'll always need a second person to keep the enemy busy to get into their flank. Otherwise you would call it "second engagement". So you need the OPFOR to be in one group to start the flanking...some will keep you busy and some will move. Maybe implement UPSMON into your mission - that would keep the OPFOR units/groups communicating with each other..

Ah, just found its website, this looks exactly like what im after. Now to figure out how to install it haha

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Ok, 1 more question, now that i got it implimented into my own mission, how do i find the "Patrol Sector"? When i load up the game it tells me " UPS: Cannot patrol sector:town Does not exist

Im in Feruz Abad if that makes any difference (takistan map)

Edited by Caballero89