Sign in to follow this  
gus619

Game Crash

Hello, i recently purchased Arma 2 for my computer, the game runs completely fine in single and multiplayer. However i wanted to play with a friend and he cannot connect to me with my ports closed so i opened them. Now whenever i make a game, it says recieving- then crashes to desktop and says "Config: some input after EndOfFile." a game should not be this frustrating and hard the be able to play with freinds and we have toiled countless hours to get to this point to actually play a game and connect now we are stuffed. Please help

Hello and welcome to BIS community forum.

At first i would suggest you to use the awesome inbuild Searchengine which gives you amazing results in finding answers.

Wish you a nice day.

Thank you, i found a few threads with my same problem. But no one has given a solution, can someone just give me a straight answer please?

Thank you, i found a few threads with my same problem. But no one has given a solution, can someone just give me a straight answer please?

Sure, as you correctly assumed, People refused to give a solution in the other threads and just waited for you to come in to give the right answers. FPDR

Config: some input after EndOfFile.

Points to a corrupt config file. Either your (or your friends) ArmA 2 install is messed up (which means reinstall) or you have a mod/addon runnin that has bugs.

Common sense does suggest to provide at least the following info:

- Hardware used (detailed please, just "it's a uber-elite gaming rig" isn't even near of that)

- OS used, also 32bit or 64bit version

- ArmA 2 version (which reads X.XX.XXXXX)

- Mods/addons used

Your report is just a bit more than "it doesn't work" which allows only the answer "then probably somethings wrong". For deeper analysis and bughunting please provide the required infos to do so.

Ok,

- Hardware used Intel Core 2.8 Ghz, 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon 3200. (As i said the game runs fine)

- Windows XP, 32 bit- Arma 2 is patched to 1.08

- I am not loading any mods when i try to do this, but i have plently.

I can make a game no problem its just ever sincei have forwarded my ports it gives me this.

Thanks in advance beacuse i know the problem will be solved

Found the problem! Anyone with my problem delete your multiplayer missions, there was an error in a config of one on mine. Then it should work