Sign in to follow this  
koalasalad

warping/lag problem

I am playing arma 2 with my friend and we are both on the same network using local area connection. The AI are so laggy and i know it is not from the connection. I have a very good connection and i even tried to connect the computers together instead of using the wireless and that only barely helped. I am also positive it is not from my graphics being too high because i can play with all setting on normal with 1920x1080 resolution and when i put all the graphics on very low it still doesn't help. Nothing I have read from other posts has worked. Please just give me any solution you can think of because this is getting annoying.

Thanks

It's not due to graphics, it's due to too much A.I. for your CPU. The A.I. in ArmA is very sophisticatet and uses the most CPU power since it is not just scripted but "thinks" of its own.

people can play arma 2 with worse system specs then me without lag. i dont understand.

Intel Core i7 CPU 870@2.93Ghz

8 Gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 5570

We cant help yu as long as we dotn know what mission you're trying to run.

But usually you won't see good performance in a MP map with lots of A.I. if you're not playing as client on a dedicated server. If your PC is the server and you also play on it the same time it has double load to do.

btw. your GPU is far from beeing top notch. it can bottleneck your CPU.

Also, lower graphics settings not always give better performance...tinker a bit with it or simpy, try mission with less A.I.

I was playing Warfare Benny Edition...i guess im gonna have to deal with the lag

Thanks for the help Beagle

My dedi server is a Q6700 with 4Gb and my lag on BE isnt that bad.

OP, I think the issue may be that you need to try BE on a dedicated server. If nothing else, run the server exe on your box and run yours and your friends client against it.

There is AI lag in BE, but there are many ways to make it better -- your server config file is the first place to tweak (first you have to be running a server !), and then take a look at the parameters in BE.

First you need to start the server exe, instead of hosting BE. Then just connect to the server with yours and your friends client. Thats the best compromise without having a true dedicated server.

Everythigns tweakable from there.

Good luck.

Do you choose to be on the same side and stick together for all the tasks?

If you play BE co-op or MP, and if you choose different sides, and/or if you occupy completely different areas of the map (ie spend a lot of time more than a few dozen meters apart), you will tend to notice a lag. Basically, you are basically hosting 2 completely separate Arma2 missions at the same time.