rosentorf

right click on map in warfare breaks after a while?

Hi there,

recently I got into creating my own warfare missions to get the hang of commanding and what is possible and what is not. Unfortunately I have a big problem playing as the commander as after some time of playing (maybe an hour or so) I loose the ability to create tasks for my AI-Teams (I play single player), enter the city menu or the camp menu. Clearly this makes it impossible to command. Now to clearify:

1. warfare command right click menus (mission-, city-, camp-menu) stop working

2. right mouse button still works for everything else, e.g. cancel other menus for squad commanding, optics and such

3. ordering the AI-Teams is still possible, creating way points and stuff

4. using Armed Assault 2 Combined Operations 1.57

I do not know what triggers it but I sometimes can recreate it by saving the game and exit and then resume the game. Which is unfortunate as I play as single player just to be able to save. Sometimes I even have to restart arma.

What seemingly never works is saving, exiting and resuming a game where the failing menus occur. The problem gets saved I guess.

The mission is a customized WarfareMission that came with Arma2 (unpboed warfare2-module). So I might have made a mistake but don't believe that for now as it works in the beginning of every mission.

Can anybody tell me what the problem is? I am kinda desperate here. :(

EDIT: Just for additional info: after resuming a broken save game in a custom mission I started the warfare mission "Freedom Fighters" (comes with arma 2). Ai commander was in charge after the start. Voted myself as commander. Right click menus did not work. A hint that the problem is not because of my noobish mission editing skills??

Edited by rosentorf

Hello,

I posted same details in troubleshooting section all about SP save games and warfare issues:

Was Warfare ever designed for Save slots in mind & SP?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110884

I have never got around this either, I also tried under multiplayer to play and using saves that way, still a problem, just seems to be broken after saves.

Its a shame because as mad as it may seem, some of us like to play this SP its enjoyable to attack towns and plan, but not so much when you can never complete it or leave your PC on for days in order to do so and never be able to come back to it and resume at your leisure.

BTW ive seen this an any Warfare2 mission, also with my own using the module, playing in sp mode and saving vanilla or MP mode vanilla, always ends up the same. Its seems like it happens once you have a order for town capture. Again like I mentioned in that thread, auto save kicks in on each town captures, so why implement that when its broken(!?).

I never got a response, becuase I didn't want to ticket something that was meant to never be used in SP (hence the thread title).

Still would like reply on it .. (IE .. yes create a ticket its something to look at, or, no it wont be worth it, its not fully implemented) anyone? BIS ?

Edited by mrcash2009

Hi at least I know now it's not a problem with my mission.

But on your note: I do think it was meant to be used in SP as the campaign Harvest Red employs warfare in the mission Dogs of War IIRC. And in the SP-Scenario Bear Rising the warfare module is used and there are specific variables in the Init_Common.sqf that show that it is supposed to be a warfare mission for singleplayer (also it is in the scenario section of the game).

Extract:

"BIS_WF_Common SetVariable["SPGame",true]; //If true game is SP only.

//BIS_WF_Common SetVariable["SPGamePlayerIsCommander",true]; //If true player is the commander in SP game.

BIS_WF_Common SetVariable["SPGamePlayerIsCommander",false]; //If true player is the commander in SP game."

So how can I check if there is a ticket for this and how can I submit one? Can anybody do it?

I have posted a bug report for this on Dev-haven (the only way BIS can really look into things like this). It has been bugging me for a while too!

The good news, It's been picked up and (should) be looked into. The bad news - I have no idea when. There's a due date set, but we all know that those are never set in stone.

The best thing you can do is vote it up on Dev-Haven to ensure that it gets worked on.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17295

Edited by tsb247
Forgot to link to Dev-Haven... DOH!

sorry for grabbing this old thing out, but i have the same issue (just voted on devheaven) - but for your info: i temporarily solved the problem by voting for an AI-commander and then again voting for myself...

sorry for grabbing this old thing out, but i have the same issue (just voted on devheaven) - but for your info: i temporarily solved the problem by voting for an AI-commander and then again voting for myself...

Warfare is only completely initialized when started fresh. When restarting ArmA and then picking up a saved Warfare mission things like capture camp/town displays and other stuff doesn't work. You can circumvent it by starting a different Warfare mission fresh until it is initialized and then leaving and loading the saved mission. That will work.

Well its an older thread but still relevant, thanks for workaround, simple things but i did not think to try that. I ended up just leaving it to AI, will try that out.

On 19.12.2011 at 0:39 PM, Guess Who said:

Warfare is only completely initialized when started fresh. When restarting ArmA and then picking up a saved Warfare mission things like capture camp/town displays and other stuff doesn't work. You can circumvent it by starting a different Warfare mission fresh until it is initialized and then leaving and loading the saved mission. That will work.

Hey, thanks for sharing another workaround besides the voting one (cause that one is still pretty annoying cause the AI does things I dont want it to). I tried your method and it didnt work :( I started a new warfare game, quit and loaded the other one but I still cant right click (HC is on). Pls help