Sign in to follow this  
OMAC

Razor 2 - Cannot find evidence - SPOILER!

I'm playing A2 1.08, and no matter what I try, I can find no evidence at the quarry near Solnichniy. Searched 3 dead soldiers and everything else. Searched both before and after Bardak has been found. Searched as team leader and as other members of squad. What is going on? Bug? How do I get that evidence???

Near ruined castle, I had shot and wounded Bardak but did not approach and capture him. Later searched quarry to no avail. Still later, after getting photos at westernmost mountain camp (approached camp driving Hummer with Sykes blasting away at all in sight with the .50 cal), I ran into Bardak by chance in Novy Sobor. I had just exited vehicle to check out the church, and suddenly the cut scene started, and I arrested Bardak and the mission ended. At that point I had 2/4 evidence, and I got 3/4 upon arresting Bardak. What is the story with that? Did he have some evidence on him or something? I do not know what that last evidence was.

Please DO NOT tell me the locations of any evidence, as I want to find it myself.

Thank you...

The evidence at the quarry near Solnichniy is on the grass or on the ground depending where one of the enemies are when you start your attack. One of the enemies drops it when you eliminate them. Press 6 to make one Razor Team member to go and stand near the location for you and then search carefully. Green text should pop up when evidence is in your gun sights.

Bardak IS one of the evidences, map and evidence are evidence too. The last evidence is at quarry. It requires long searching time usually to find it because it is tiny and covered with grass. I won't tell you what it is since you didn't want to hear.

If you want all 4 evidence you need to avoid Bardak by all means and catch him last after you have got 3 other evidences.

---SPOILER----

Can please someone tell me from which road Bardak moves north to Gorka? There are 3 crossroads at Gorka and I am not sure where to place an ambush. I used to wait for him a bit east of Gorka (assuming he will move towards Karostav but he never came; so I reloaded

It is well explained here on a great post by kutya. It also explains why Bardak sometimes never shows up.

Go to the road south of Gorka. There is a hill and the road bends. From there you will se from far if Bardak comes. Prepare an ambush and he will come around 12:20.

The evidence at the quarry near Solnichniy is on the grass or on the ground depending where one of the enemies are when you start your attack. One of the enemies drops it when you eliminate them. Press 6 to make one Razor Team member to go and stand near the location for you and then search carefully. Green text should pop up when evidence is in your gun sights.

Bardak IS one of the evidences, map and evidence are evidence too. The last evidence is at quarry. It requires long searching time usually to find it because it is tiny and covered with grass. I won't tell you what it is since you didn't want to hear.

If you want all 4 evidence you need to avoid Bardak by all means and catch him last after you have got 3 other evidences.

Thank you, thank you. Yes, I finally realized that the only way to get all evidence is to find Bardak and thus get the accomplishment for that, but then not to approach him, and just leave him. Then, there is no time limit to find the evidence. However, the problem with that is that, even if you shoot Bardak in the leg so that he can only crawl, you may never find him again. I got lucky and by chance ran into him much later MILES AWAY in Novy Sobor (did he crawl all that way, or somehow take a car?). Also, once he has been found, his location is marked in red on the UAV map, but not on your personal map. I would have used the UAV to find him, but the UAV got destroyed by ground fire late in the mission.

Razor 2 is a very frustrating mission. Most of the time you never run into Bardak before you get killed or time runs out, and certainly there is little time to find the evidence. I'm playing on Veteran so I only get one save, and that makes things very difficult, to say the least. Also, once Bardak is found, you cannot talk with Dressler and the CDF guy Lt. Marny, and thus cannot get the Dressler accomplishment.

Later...

YAHOO! I got the evidence at the quarry. As you said, lying on the ground, near the dead guy without the ski mask. My guys took care of the masked men as I, as Sykes with my sniper rifle, crept up the steep slope to the south of the quarry to find a safe place from which to snipe the third guy. The evidence was quite easy to spot, and I doubt I would have missed it earlier. Could one of the dead guys been lying on it? Maybe one should hide the bodies to reveal anything lying beneath them??? This time, I found Bardak at the quarry, got the acomplishment, but he ran off. Man, he runs fast. Lost him. But I took the chopper back to base and spotted him in Solichniy using the UAV map. Now I'm off again to the western mountain base to get my third evidence. After that, back to Solichniy to arrest Bardak and end the mission. After all the frustration I had with this mission, here I am playing it again, and having FUN. ARMA 2 and Bohemia are frickin' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by OMAC

However, the problem with that is that, even if you shoot Bardak in the leg so that he can only crawl, you may never find him again. I got lucky and by chance ran into him much later MILES AWAY in Novy Sobor (did he crawl all that way, or somehow take a car?).

Somebody wrote he had wounded Bardak with ramming his car with another car. When he gets out of his car. You might also use use your car to chase him. :)

Someone wrote there were another enemy with Bardak in the car. Was he alone when you played?

Was the car red VW Golf IV-lookalike or Skoda-lookalike like someone reported?

Also, once he has been found, his location is marked in red on the UAV map, but not on your personal map. I would have used the UAV to find him, but the UAV got destroyed by ground fire late in the mission.

This is nice to know. Have to add that info to my walkthrough.

Razor 2 is a very frustrating mission. Most of the time you never run into Bardak before you get killed or time runs out, and certainly there is little time to find the evidence. I'm playing on Veteran so I only get one save, and that makes things very difficult, to say the least. Also, once Bardak is found, you cannot talk with Dressler and the CDF guy Lt. Marny, and thus cannot get the Dressler accomplishment.

Yes Razor Two is irritating mission because of the timelimit and because it completes early if you capture Bardak too early, but still mission is very intresting.

If you play this mission cooperatively with another humans, you might try sendind different players with different vehicles to different locations to get evidence and then regroup south of Gorka to ambush Bardak. (So far I don't know anybody who has tested this).

I'm was playing on Expert and I only got one save too, but later the campaign I realized how to workaround that and save as many times you like. Choose ESC->SUSPEND and game will make continuesave which will be automatically loaded when you Resume to game. This continue save is not listed in savegame list, but the game always loads it if you die or crash.

The evidence was quite easy to spot, and I doubt I would have missed it earlier. Could one of the dead guys been lying on it? Maybe one should hide the bodies to reveal anything lying beneath them???

I tried hiding bodies there once, but it only made it harder since according to my experience the evidence is always close to the legs of that one corpse.

I think if you kill enemy to the spot where he stands without giving him any chance then he will be scripted to drop the evidence to pretty much same place. Optimal situation is that you climb at the west side edge of the quarry and snipe them there with one cooridated attack (sounds like you figured that out too).

Spoiler about campaign ending without capturing Bardak.

I didn't catch Bardak the first time when I completed the campaign with Expert difficulty (because I thought 20mins really means 20mins, even though it was more like 5-10mins before Bardak leaves map after the radiomessage) but I was very strict on getting other evidences and completing all possible tasks in that mission and on other missions too and I got the best ending called "War That Never Was". So as a conclusion it will not require 100% of all evidence.

Edited by Hanzu

EXCELLENT INFO about how to save games at will on higher difficulty levels. You have saved me massive amounts of frustration in the future. THANK YOU!! :bounce3:

I have never played with others. Your idea about sending others to different locations to get evidence and find Bardak sounds like a fantastic strategy to me.

I once found Bardak in a car, and rammed it with my Hummer. He eventually got out and ran, so I wounded him in the leg. I should have left him and gone on to get other evidence, but I didn't know better, so I tried shooting him again in the other leg, but killed him and mission ended. That time, I couldn't get the capture cutscene to start even after approaching him closely, which I think is caused by all your squad not being right with you. Your squadmates are required to be nearby for you to capture Bardak. In other words, if you are alone, or possibly with only part of your squad, the capture will not occur, and he will just keep crawling or running away.

By the way, when I completed the mission with 3/4 evidence, Bardak captured, no Dressler accomplishment, I got a message saying "Flawless Victory".

Also, how do I edit my post to get the little spoiler button that you have?

Edited by OMAC

EXCELLENT INFO about how to save games at will on higher difficulty levels. You have saved me massive amounts of frustration in the future. THANK YOU!! :bounce3:

Well thank you. :) I hope they don't disable this feature when they notice it is used as a workaround for manual savegames. ;) Also if you start to use it, there is a multiplayer only bug in it, although you may not need to know it if you never play campaign in MP.

In other words, if you are alone, or possibly with only part of your squad, the capture will not occur, and he will just keep crawling or running away.

If so, someone could test if leaving character 3 behind to start location could be used to keep mission running even if you accidentally run into Bardak too early.

By the way, when I completed the mission with 3/4 evidence, Bardak captured, no Dressler accomplishment, I got a message saying "Flawless Victory".

Flawless Victory is the best anyone can get (someone correct me if I'm wrong), so looks like everything does not have to be perfect. I got the same Flawless Victory in the end of the campaign.

Also, how do I edit my post to get the little spoiler button that you have?

Spoiler button is located in top left corner of your editor window when you write new post, but it you edit old text, it is not there, but you can also use it by putting your spoiler [spoiler ] and [/spoiler ] (just remove one space bar behind R)

I has never been clear if we are required use [spoiler ] quotes here anyway since they say "Posting spoilers about the campaign missions anywhere other than here may result in a permanent ban from the forums." and I understand that in a way that posting spoilers here without warning is ok, but if you post spoilers in other sub forums you need to use [spoiler ] quotes. Again may the moderators correct me if I am wrong. I sometimes use them anyway just to be polite.

Edited by Hanzu

I have never found another enemy with Bardak in a car. Yet.

:yay:

I'm was playing on Expert and I only got one save too, but later the campaign I realized how to workaround that and save as many times you like. Choose ESC->SUSPEND and game will make continuesave which will be automatically loaded when you Resume to game. This continue save is not listed in savegame list, but the game always loads it if you die or crash.

I realize now that you were talking about the default Suspend option in the menu, not some special cheat-like function. The Suspend option will save your position/situation in a game temporarily, but if you or a teammate dies, you must revert to either a real save or an autosave. So the suspend option is useless for saving a game at a crucial point that you can go back to if you/teammate dies, which is the whole point of a saved game. Please let me know if I am misunderstanding something.

I realize now that you were talking about the default Suspend option in the menu, not some special cheat-like function. The Suspend option will save your position/situation in a game temporarily, but if you or a teammate dies, you must revert to either a real save or an autosave. So the suspend option is useless for saving a game at a crucial point that you can go back to if you/teammate dies, which is the whole point of a saved game. Please let me know if I am misunderstanding something.

It may be different on SP and MP, I only play MP coop campaigns and mission where it is very useful since I'm the host. So For me ESC->Suspend save works this way:

1. When ever I need to save I choose ESC->Suspend

2. Saving game. Please wait.

3. Game will return to character selection screen.

4. From character selection screen and I choose Resume.

5. Game will load and return to situation where I was before choosing Suspend

6. When any member of my team dies, I will again return to character selection screen and I choose Resume.

7. Game will load and return to situation where I was before choosing Suspend

You can also play MP alone just like single player by choosing Host button on server side. Choose LAN or put on a password if you want nobody to join. This way you can test the method and see how it works.

Suspend saves are not visible in the Revert list like manual and automatic saves. So you need to choose Resume and not Revert to load Suspend/continue save. It is slower, but at least for me, it is worth it.

Thank you , Hanvu. I only have played SP. I really don't think that, after myself or a teammate are killed, that I can quit and "resume" to a game that was saved through a Suspend. I'll keep testing, though. It may have something to do with the "Character" screen (whatever that is - I have never seen it), that is apparently only in MP.