Sign in to follow this  
ladlon

Squadmates stuck lying down

After patching my Combined Operations install to all the latest patches, I'm finding that often some of my squadmates seem to be stuck in the prone position. They will not follow me, and even though the acknowledge any move command, they can't seem to get up on their feet. The only way to get them going is to switch to them, and then they automatically stand up without me even doing anything. From that point, they are fine again.

Any ideas what might be happening? Never seemed to happen before I upgraded to the latest patches.

Does `-7-6 work for you? It means "All Stand Up". I know you probably know that command...but I'm curious.

Hi, guys...

No, it seems whatever I order them to do, they seem glued to the ground (although they can rotate). Switching to them suddenly frees them, and they stand up (despite being controlled by me then) right away.

I'm using the latest patches for OA and A2. Didn't have that problem before.

I'll have to see if it continues to happen, as I've had a number of WTF things happening lately that have (for the most part) disappeared now.

Just looked into those betas... Wow, they crank them out, don't they!

I believe I'm using 1.57 build 76815... so if I'm understanding the naming system, there's a few betas after the one I just installed... so I could try that.

I'm also wondering if it couldn't just be one of the mods being old (relative to the now installed core patches). I checked to see if the zeus AI mod I installed long ago had any updates since, but it appears it hasn't.

Well, I'll just see if it continues, and go from there.

Edited by ladlon

Hi, guys...

No, it seems whatever I order them to do, they seem glued to the ground (although they can rotate). Switching to them suddenly frees them, and they stand up (despite being controlled by me then) right away.

It is a known issue. I encounter it too and there are more topics about this.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=106869

If the stuck AI have the side arms pulled out then it's the same issue I have. When you switch to them they are in a limbo with their weapons. They have side arm activated, but with the mouse scroll wheel the side arm is selectable and shown as not worn/active while it actually is.

Yes, exactly! They are prone, with their pistols drawn. Seems it's the same thing I'm experiencing.

Okay, so it's a known issue... so that's cool. I'm sure they'll fix it soon. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't some screwup I created with my various installed mods, or some version incompatibility.

Thanks, guys!