Sign in to follow this  
Vino3

Immobilizing the player

i want to make the player unable to move once he hits a trigger

how do i go about doing this?

player disableUserInput true;

That's one solution. Careful with that, though. Once it's activated the player will not be able to use anything in the game, even the menus, until you use:

player disableUserInput false;

Or until he manually closes the game.

better use

player enableSimulation false;

to immobilize the player and

player enableSimulation true;

to give him the control back.

Downsides: it will completely freeze the player unit, including eyeblinking and such.

Benefit: player still can access menu and also radio triggers, not sure about action menu and chat but i think he will have control over chat aswell.

If you use enableSimulation you can still access your action menu (For example you can select "select weapon XYZ"), but you can't do anything what affects the game in any way. For example you can still use 3D-view, but you can't turn your head.

I recommend enableSimulation if you want the player to go to menu by pressing esc. During cutscenes with really annoying custom music I recommend to use disableUserInput, just to annoy everyone. ;)

If you use enableSimulation you can still access your action menu (For example you can select "select weapon XYZ"), but you can't do anything what affects the game in any way. For example you can still use 3D-view, but you can't turn your head.

I recommend enableSimulation if you want the player to go to menu by pressing esc. During cutscenes with really annoying custom music I recommend to use disableUserInput, just to annoy everyone. ;)

Thanks for repeating what i already said right before you. :j:

whoops. I had this thread in a tab for some time, and it seems I forgot to refresh it before replying... :o

Well, currently I have "only" 5 open tabs to forums.bistudio.com. But I promise I will not forget to refresh the page next time I'm going to reply. :)

(I was busy 7 hours ago, and decided to reply later when I have time and I have double checked how the commands actually work)