Sign in to follow this  
bravo409

Having trouble with Ai seeing me in the dark and 800m out

How do keep the Ai from seeing you at night I have the problem where I shoot a silence weapon and they know where I'm. I used ace for OA and zeus Ai and they know exactly where I'm all the time, do you know why this? How do I fix this problem....Also I have tried GL4 Ai and SLx Ai and I didnt see a difference. Please someone out there tell me why the Ai knows every move I make thanks.

A silenced weapon is no guarantee for not beeing seen;

be sure to make headshots so there is no deathcry from enemy and that no other enemy is nearby who could be alerted and change position asap after every shot.

btw try vanilla game, with ACE the enemie´s awareness- range is increased a lot...

The other problem I have run into is the Ai seeing through grass and trees and rocks, buildings. I dont understand this. I could be 500m,to700m out and they still would see me in the grass or other objects is there a patch or mod or something to fix this issue? thanks

Grass, trees and rocks are not a quarantee for not being seen either. But through buildings, that does sound strange.

I might be mistaken, but I think dslyecxi's guide (aka the ArmA bible) talks about what is cover and what isn't.

Same here, I have been using Zeus AI for a long time now and haven't experienced that before. What are your AI settings in your Arma2Profile? What difficulty are you playing on?

Here are my settings. I play on Veteran usually:

};

class veteran

{

class Flags

{

HUD=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDGroupInfo=0;

Map=0;

WeaponCursor=1;

ClockIndicator=0;

3rdPersonView=0;

UltraAI=0;

CameraShake=1;

UnlimitedSaves=1;

DeathMessages=0;

NetStats=1;

VonID=0;

};

skillFriendly=1;

skillEnemy=0.2;

precisionFriendly=1;

precisionEnemy=0.40000001;

class veteran

{

class Flags

{

HUD=1;

HUDGroupInfo=0;

WeaponCursor=1;

3rdPersonView=1;

UltraAI=0;

DeathMessages=1;

NetStats=1;

VonID=1;

};

skillFriendly=1;

skillEnemy=0.5;

precisionFriendly=1;

precisionEnemy=0.50000001;

Here's what happens ok I start the mission out sneaking up to about 200m and then I take a shot then I move and my Ai shot and then the enemy find there location mean while I'm moving mind you it's dark and I move to a new location and they shot in my location and then eventually hit me. The enemy doesn't have NVG's on so how can they see a silenced weapon flash when they don't flash? Second in this same mission I hide in a bush but the Ai knows where I'm and shots again how can this be when I have not taken another shot and my Ai guys on my team are some where else. I found with ace 1.7 and zeus Ai together that your found quicker. Then I tried Slx by its self and still was found in a bush or behind a rock. Finally I tried gl4 but that was way worse because in the beginning of the mission they came running to my location. So what the heck is going on here...Is there a Ai mod that I have not tried yet that stops this madness.Thanks

I always get shot by magic AI in the dark. I can't see them with NVG on, and they pick me off from miles away with no NVG after I shoot one man, even with a silenced weapon.

This is with the standard game, by the way. No mods.

All of Bohemia's games post-Operation Flashpoint have had this annoying issue for me.

OFP, though, I could sit concealed in a bush for 30 mins picking off dudes and they would run right past me without a clue. In ArmA/ARMA II, you lie down in a bush and you're toast as soon as you let off one shot.

So why do people enjoy playing so much if the Ai really sucks...AKA always finding you magically in the dark or far away on top of a mountain, or my favorite hiding in a bush or behind a rock....Why haven't they fix this problem the game would be some much better.

So I just tried that on my own.

Myself placed on Utes Airfield, 3 russian soldiers with no NVGoggles 200 meters away from me. If I'm able to kill one of them with my silenced M4 over that distance at all, the others either go prone or run for cover. None of them shoot at my direction at all.

Maybe you should try the game with vanilla AI first before playing around with Mods which make them even more harder? And that the AI see you over 500 or 800 meters I highly doubt. Lying in a bush means not that you are magically invisible to the AI. And if they can't see you, they still can hear you and then shoot in your general direction.

Yes, there were such issues in the early versions. But they have been fixed long time in the patches.