Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

Spawning a module

For whatever reason I need to spawn a module (military symbols) from a script. I need it to be on the same side as "gamelogic", but this has to be completely dynamic ie there can't be a need for any existing modules or logics. I tried createvehiclelocal to make a gamelogic and then createunit the module, attaching it to its group, but it doesn't work. I used (group player) with createvehicle and then "_module joinsilent grpnull" to get it off my team, but it then shows up on the map as an infantry unit. Can any one help me load this module correctly?

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

_martahq = createCenter sideLogic;
_group = createGroup sideLogic;
_marta = (_group) createunit ["MartaManager",position player,[],0,"none"];

done and done!

Can it be synced with a unit as well without the editor (by sript)?

I am trying to spawn mortars, but I have no success in syncing them with Artillery module, which is needed for proper working.

Can it be synced with a unit as well without the editor (by sript)?

I am trying to spawn mortars, but I have no success in syncing them with Artillery module, which is needed for proper working.

You've obviously have tried this already?

Yes, I have, but I don't really know how should I do it, and what does the function do.

This doesn't work though:

_artyhq = createCenter sideLogic;
_group = createGroup sideLogic;
_arty = (_group) createunit ["BIS_ARTY_Logic ",position player,[],0,"none"];

_m = "M252" createvehicle getMarkerPos "w";

_arty synchronizeObjectsAdd [_m];
[_m] call BIS_ARTY_F_initVehicle;

I have tried it with pre-placed, named ARTY module,

I have tried without synchronizeObjects,

I have tried the different combinations of _arty and _m

nothing...

empty M252 (manned later by AI) synced to Arty module in the editor works okay.

Well, the first problem I see is that createvehicle doesnt create the AI/operator, just the vehicle/tube.

If I spawn the arty module like Shakura Chan did with Marta, I get a Null-object...

So this method works for marta, but doesn't work for Artillery.

Anyways: If I put and sync an empty mortar in the editor, and man it later it works.

But: if I put an Arty module called arty in the editor, and sync it with an empty mortar in the editor I get the same synchronizedObjects, when I synchronise the pre-placed arty via a script. So sync happens with the script, but then the ExecuteTemplateMissiion doesn't work although I use BIS_ARTY_F_initVehicle too.

The effect is the same if I use a manned mortar. The synced unit will be the operator, not the mortar itself: works okay in the editor, doesn't work via script.

Edited by zapat