Sign in to follow this  
geloxo

Ground terrain hole covering

Hi all,

I´m preparing a map where I need to cover some holes in the terrain to cover the space left by trenches which are placed 1m below terrain in a base using Unsung mod objects. Do you know any object that can be used to cover/hide the space left (holes on the terrain, so to say) on the edges of the trenches?

I´m looking for any kind of large "flat objects" available (no need to be from the Unsung mod itself)

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Interesting idea geloxo.

As for objects ..... no can't think of any.

But, it should be simple to make a basic object;

- Flat top

- Textured with a "typical" ground texture

- Maybe several, each with a different ground texture

- Can be walked on, driven over

- Almost indestructable

- Animated: so a scripter can have it retract into the ground when they want to expose the trench.

Then just include the object inside your map PBO

That´s it, easy and simple model with a ground texture to use it as floor or ceiling. Yesterday I found something that has such objects I´m looking for but uses brick textures instead of terrain ones:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9734&highlight=CATACOMB

This addon provides, so to say, walls, ceilings and ramps for you to build a tomb and it´s very flexible indeed. They are flat, but if any experienced modeler wishes to create rough objects instead of flat ones, and paint them with rock or earth textures, we could have a kick on the map making. Probably this is an usable idea for Unsung team among others that may benefit from using such objects:

Option 1) You can make a hole on the terrain, place a series of already made trench objects or bunkers, for instance, bury them 5m on that hole in the ground, cover the trenches with a ceiling, cover the terrain hole with another ceiling and what you have? Tunnels underground, even in diferent levels if you want, connected with ladders, without having to model a very complex object (for instance I can´t model in 3D at all and this would help me a lot..)

Option 2) You make a hole on the terrain and make a tunnel by instaling floor, walls and ceiling using a custom 3D object which rough surfaces (instead of the flat ones from the addon above). After that, place a ceiling on top at the terrain level to cover the hole from outside

Option 3) You can also make underground rivers or sewerage systems

Option 4) Railway or road tunnels

Option 5) Underground military complex

That gave me ideas for a new map :p

Cheers

Edited by geloxo