Sign in to follow this  
igneous01

ai dragging body dont move to next waypoint.

Its an issue i dont know how to correct. I have an unconcious pilot sitting beside a uh60 wreck and a specops guy moving along his waypoints, then at the last waypoint near the pilot they both play the respective dragging and injured animations, except the specop guy will drag indefinitly in the same spot, and never move to the next waypoint (which is moving backwards)

also note i used attachto to get the guy looking like hes getting dragged.

I believe its an issue with the AI not be able to walk backwards (or atleast ive never seen a way of getting them to walk in reverse).

so is there a way for my ai guy to actually be able to drag the pilot away to his next waypoint?

Based on what you said it seems like you're making the AI play an animation. AI doesn't move when playing an animation (unless it's part of the animation, of course).

I'd guess you'd have to find a way to make the AI go to the wounded pilot, and do a "drag" action. (not animation) Not sure how to do this though.

I'd suggest opening up one of the pbos to look at the modules. Don't some of the medical-based ones add in that action? You could skip the addaction part and just use its result, or you could do it via FSM.

thanks for the responses, but i think ive found another method using setvelocity (or was it setvector?)

either way that could get me to make them move while still playing the animations.

Dread*

i was thinking about using an FSM but i wouldnt be sure what conditions i would need to check for it. really the only possibilities are whether they successfully attached and animated, and whether there moving or not. i dont think it requires an fsm to do this since it would be very generic and scripted.