Sign in to follow this  
Fields

[HELP] Arma Problem

hello,

I will tell you my problem first.

When I ran arma on my old computer. It worked fine. And This is the first time that i seen this happen as it is very noticable. When going to run arma armed assault it dosent load anything , not the bohemia interactive logo, not the arma logo not anything. It just shows a black screen and then shows the main menu in the below format ( with music too i never heard im arma )

http://img03.imgland.net/czh6at4uHL.png 127 kb

Please help

Additional Info.

My Specs

Processor : Intel Core i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz (4CPUs), ~3.2GHz

DirectX Version : DirectX 11

Memory : 8192MB RAM

DISPLAY

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 310

Manuf: NVIDIA

Chip Type: GeForce 310

DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC

Total Mem: 4058 MB

Current Display Mode : 1920 x 1080 (32 bit)(60Hz)

Edited by W0lle
Image > 100 kb

Did you install ArmA correctly ? Because on Windows 7, the installation is different from that of Vista and XP ;)

Here's what to absolutely follow so that your game works properly :

1 - Install the game with the CD, especially not start the game

2 - Make the update with the patch Arma_Euro104Update105, do not start the game

3 - Make the update with the patch ArmA_InternationalUpdate105_108, do not start the game too

4 - Make the update with the patch ARMA_Update118RC, start the game

Edited by W4lkn

If I remember correctly, that issue has to do with having more than 4 GB RAM. I think 1.18 patch has it fixed?

I haven't installed Arma yet on a fresh reformat, I'll do it now and see how it goes...

Step 1 - US Arma DVD

Step 2 - Queen's Gambit, which patches to 1.08 (skip if you don't have)

Step 3 - patch to 1.18

Although our steps may be a little different (mine and Loïck) due to versions, you can see the general steps to take, and that patching it up should hopefully alleviate your problem.

Thank you guys for replying , I will try these steps and see how things go ;)

§15) Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

Do not link images over 100kb using the IMG tags to display an image in your post. If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb feel free to post the URL instead of hotlinking.

§22) Use descriptive thread titles

If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing people to read through your post first. Thread titles such as "How in the world do I...", "Need help!" or "Will we ever see..." are anything but descriptive. We do not allow these kind of titles and threads with such titles are subject to be closed.

§15) Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

Do not link images over 100kb using the IMG tags to display an image in your post. If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb feel free to post the URL instead of hotlinking.

§22) Use descriptive thread titles

If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing people to read through your post first. Thread titles such as "How in the world do I...", "Need help!" or "Will we ever see..." are anything but descriptive. We do not allow these kind of titles and threads with such titles are subject to be closed.

okay, sorry. My first time posting here.

I am having this identical issue on a brand new install, please let me know if you get a way to work this. I just bought this game and haven't been able to play it yet.

I also have windows 7 and 4gb of ram, tried patching to uopdate 1.14 and still did the same thing even after. HELP!!!