Sign in to follow this  
DieselJC

ArmA 2 stuttering and freezing?

Just signed up and have had ARMA for about a week..so far really enjoy the indepth realism it offers..its different than the normal run and gun...anyway..to my question...I am having an issue with slight freezing and stuttering in the game..seems to take a little bit for the mouse to be used if your looking at the "Gear" screen or trying to select something...pretty sure my machine is capable of running this..no issues on any other game I own..including BFBC2 and Operation Flashpoint...specs of my system are below...any tips or help would be great...Thanks.

JC

AMD Phenom II x4 940 Black Edition 3.0 GHz processor: ZEROtherm Nirvana NV120 PWM 120mm Long Life Bearing CPU Cooler

SAPPHIRE 100255L Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-DS4 AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX Ultra Durable II AMD Motherboard

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

LITE-ON CD/DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM

Antec P182 Gun Metal Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ500MXSP 500W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

What are your ingame settings and which patch version are you playing?

Thanks for the reply...I got the game off of Steam so I assumed it was the latests version...I'll get it fired up and look for version number and post back..Thanks.

JC

Operation Flashpoint is almost a decade old, my friend. I think most PCs these days can run it. :p

Next time please try to use a more descriptive thread title. I suggest you familiarize yourself with our forum rules to avoid making further mistakes. I've changed the title for you. :)

I did read the rules and did do a search as well as tweak a few settings according to what I found via forumns as far as water effects shadows etc etc...everything is set on Normal..nothing is set to "high" and the version I have is 1.08.74450 Thanks for changing the title...didnt see a "General Discussion" area or one for new members to introduce yourself like most forumns so thought this was the closest to what I was asking. Thanks for the replies.

Have you tried putting your settings to high and disable postprocessing and keep AA and AF at normal? Your rig should beable to run the game on higher than normal settings, and i know that alot of people have experience improvement by increasing their settings.

Also keep your view distance down around 3,000 to 4,000 metres (whichever works best for you) and ensure your screen resolution is the same as your monitors and the 3d resolution is no higher than 100%.

Then get back to us and let us know what difference it made.

Thanks for the reply..set postprocessing to disable...left aa at normal and rechecked screen res same as native....have view set at 2500 and 3d at 100%...no change..still stutters and laggy...looks like a great game if it would actually work..frustrating when you cant finish a single simple mission without the issues of stuttering and freezing..Thanks for the replies.

Based on my experiences with ATI (HD4870) I would say set AA to disabled and if you want to smooth out the jaggies go for a greater than 100% 3D resolution. Just how far you can go would depend on your monitor's native resolution but even 114% is worthwhile. Be sure to keep your HDD defragged.

Uninstalled....email sent for a refund..game is junk.:mad: