Sign in to follow this  
Jake123

Need help with latest patch!

I bought the game today and installed it with no problems but I want to go online and it comes up with an error saying " Bad version, server rejected Connection". I understand this is because I don't have to latest patch. I then installed Patch 1.57 but im still getting the error. Do I need to open the patch in my documents or something or get rid of the old version?!?! Please help!!

If in the main menu screen it says patch 1.57 then the patch is installed correctly and you don't need to do anything with patches.

Your more likely not able to join due to the server running different patch or user made addons and mods, you'll see what addons and mods are being used in the MP lobby they start with @ mostly. If you don't have certain mods then chances are you can't play on that server. Though some servers do allow you to play with or without mods. (TIP - Ones with Green Dot and Yellow Dots are usually playable)

Its the same i believe for the maps too. IF you only have ARMA 2 and not ARMA operation arrowhead or Combined Operations, then you wont beable to play on maps such as Takinstan and limited just to Utes and Chernarus.

So what version of the game did you buy?

I just bought Operation Arrowhead

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

I looked on the Main Menu and it says "1.51" and some other numbers. I have installed Patch 1.57 so I don't know why I can't play!

You must not have installed 1.57 correctly, otherwise your version number would have the 1.57 prefix rather than 1.51. You should be able to run the patch from anywhere on your computer.

I have found the Patch in my Downloads and it's coming up with this Extracting thing... am I doing it right?

if you have A2 already and installed OA after you must make sure that you have installed OA in same Folder as A2, meaning both A2 exe. and OA exe must be in same folder.

Otherwise patching wil not work..

If you dont have A2 installed, then disregard above.

I recently purchased Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA on Amazon. I can't play multiplayer either, as i get the "bad version, server rejected connection" message. You say that the two have to be in the same folder: one of mine is in program files (x86), that's OA, and Arma 2 is in program files. Could this be causing the problem? when i attempted to patch OA and opened it, the lower right corner said 1.52.7etc. Every server, other than host my own, has a red X next to it. What does this mean? Under expansions, most say that they also have british armed forces (lite) and pmc (lite)....what does this all mean? Sorry to put so much in here. Help would be greatly appreciated!

I recently purchased Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA on Amazon. I can't play multiplayer either, as i get the "bad version, server rejected connection" message. You say that the two have to be in the same folder: one of mine is in program files (x86), that's OA, and Arma 2 is in program files. Could this be causing the problem? when i attempted to patch OA and opened it, the lower right corner said 1.52.7etc. Every server, other than host my own, has a red X next to it. What does this mean? Under expansions, most say that they also have british armed forces (lite) and pmc (lite)....what does this all mean? Sorry to put so much in here. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Ok, uninstall OA then reinstall it into the Arma2 folder. This will create combined operations.

Next step, patch OA to 1.57

Run the game using the Arma2OA.exe file (or a shortcut to it)

You now have all the content in one game and you should find that you're compatible with all the servers on the list that aren't running mods. BAF and PMC lite are the free versions of the DLC packs that were included for MP compatibility.