Sign in to follow this  
InqWiper

Problem being commander

When I am commander in a tank I cant turn to look 180° from the direction the turret is pointing. I can just look forward, left and right but not backwards. This is really stupid since there are little windows to the back also. The M60 can look in all directions but only while in 3rd person view and that is often disabled. Is this a bugg or is it supposed to be like this?

It would be nice if this could be fixed cuz its very annoying when Ur trying to look for enemies and U cant look behind you.

When in combat using a tank, I recomend to be gunner. Thrue this means that the gang commander will have to re-iterate your order for the driver to do something, but it seems like the most practical solution, an AI gunner is a lot of work, not effecient, and often misses. mad.gif

My favorite MO for tank ops, is to gun, to move i simply select my driver or gang commander and hit "M" and click where I want to go on the map. This is more efficient than the in-game pointing since a hill top won't prevent you from telling the final destination right off the bat... smile.gif

I never use the 3rd person view. I'm a hard core simmer and I want nothing in the game that I wouldn't get in real life.

Commander is the best position to be in a tank in my opinion. As a gunner you don't get the thermal view and thus can't even point out the enemy.

As a commander, merely use the "Optical View" button. It will let you spin your cupola 360* without any restriction.