Sign in to follow this  
igneous01

What is the input seed on BIS_fnc_destroyCity?

So im using the function to destroy chernarus, but its not been going to well using it.

it only destroys about 10% of the buildings, and adjusting the input seed up and down doesnt really effect it.

what exactly does input seed do? does it just destroy the buildings that have the number in their id? or something else? cuz i cant get 70% of the buildings to be destroyed.

Probably seed to the random number generator. Which would effect what and how much things get leveled.

interesting, but how can you specify what things will/wont be destroyed? theres some buildings in chernarus that just wont blow up (like the giant office tower or the old museum building with the grandfather clock on top.

but ive used the destroy city function 3 times in my init, each with different seed values, yet it maybe only effected 2 or 3 buildings, and the seeds were from 300 - 1542 - 6921 and yet really not much has changed.

i wish there was more documentation about it.. its a really neat function..

If you do this in a script that has the functions module on the map:

call BIS_fnc_help;

It brings up all the functions on the screen. Under BIS find PMC_Environment and under that find BIS_fnc_destroyCity. It gives you all the source code for it which you can copy to a text editor and play with it.

I realize it may not make sense or whatnot, but it might help anyway.

There is a setDamage 1 that is commented out under "if(_seedLocal < 0.5)". You could uncomment that and try running this as you would a normal script and see what it does.

Edited by AZCoder

good idea thanks az, ill look into it then and see maybe understand what the parameters actually are