Sign in to follow this  
rss334

Help me understand MP addon Coop Missions

I really like the MP missions on the internet, where everyone works together and finishes one task and then server assigns another and so on and so on. I downloaded Takistan Force by Bon_Inf* http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11409

and I am playing a coop on my own lan by myself.

It works just like the MP missions I play on the internet except if I start out as infantry I can only recruit infantry from the baracks, no medics no pilot. Can't fly planes either since I'm not a pilot class. How can you play these types of missions singleplayer on coop, but have access to planes or AI pilots too? I want to play the missions they play online but I want to do it singleplayers with my own AI. Help me understand please.

what you are asking requires understanding of scripting.

modifying takistan force i assume is like modifying domination, not easy to do.

search here in forums and google for changing unit classes, modify takistan force, etc...

there should be something in one of the scripts)can be several) that describes wich class is allowed to do what, you need to searc and find and alter to what type unit you will be playing.

Are you starting your mission from the editor or from a local game?

If you start a local game, you should be able to pick a slot before you enter the mission... That is, if the mission allows you to... (which it should, I've never seen an MP mission that didn't have the slot screen)

Cheers

I'm starting from a local game I assume. Yes I can pick a class, If I pick pilot I can only recruit and do pilot things during that game, if I pick infantry then I can only do infantry stuff. I want to play as infantry but also need a AI pilot who can fly us where I want to go.

This is only the 2nd mission I've checked out but this is exactly what I'm looking for in Singleplayer... exactly ... it's great. Just need to figure out how I can get AI pilots. Maybe another mission allows this, as stated I've only tried two downloaded mission. As far as the person above who suggested scripting, I understand but really don't want to pursue the time needed to understand that unless it's a last resort.

I dont know that particular mission you are playing but Im fairly certain that if you dont find another mission that fit your taste you have to open up that mission and change some things. You could search howto in the mission editing forum and also maybe ask somewhere where to look and what to do.

This is only the 2nd mission I've checked out but this is exactly what I'm looking for in Singleplayer... exactly ... it's great. Just need to figure out how I can get AI pilots. Maybe another mission allows this, as stated I've only tried two downloaded mission. As far as the person above who suggested scripting, I understand but really don't want to pursue the time needed to understand that unless it's a last resort.

2? Oh my, you've got some catching up to do.

The mission in question is meant for team play.

hey rss334

there is a folder callled "bon_recruit_units" in your mission.pbo

you need this (or other tools) to open the pbo's: PBO View

in this folder you will find the file: "recruitable_units.sqf"

right click - edit.

Thanks for the suggestions all. Yes I admit I'm still learning and guess I'm a noob. Played Arma 2 many many months ago and never enjoyed it, for some reason I saw a video on youtube and came back to it and now can't put it down. OA is excellent! The whole game is excellent and can't understand why I did not enjoy it at this same level the 1st time around???? Guess I grew up over the year :) Anyway I will try the multiple suggestions and see what happens. Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:05 PM ----------

You're doing what?!?

:) Yeah now that I re-read that it did not make much sense did it. I downloaded a coop mission from the addons website, but I'm playing it on LAN / MP by myself using only me and the AI. Hope that cleared it up.