Sign in to follow this  
Rhamka

how to change language?

Im not sure where to post this question, but how do you change language for Arma 1? I've looked in the BIS wiki (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Language_Selection) and here in the forums (http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?searchid=1440717) but I do not see any solution that actually works for me.

I edited the file (C:\Users\MyName\Documents\ArmA\ArmA.cfg) it was language="English"; for language="Spanish"; but works nothing. I think it works as I've seen videos with different languages, the thing is that I almost release an addon and I use stringtable csv for different languages to test if it works. I have tried even with mission or addons of the community which uses csv for different languages (in case my csv were wrong) but I does not work.

If it is useful this extra info I downloaded the game from steam, and from what I remember I had problems because of that to make the buldozer work properly in Oxygen 2.

Thanks in advance.

Is spain basically supported as game main language? If the config solution hasn´t took any effect so that might the reason, that spain is not supported at all.

In video options the only language that appears is English. May it be the installation of the game? Probably when I installed it, there was no support for other language than English

A mod folder with different language.pbo files are needed I think. Basically putting Spanish words in the Column where the English ones would be. English would then still be selected in the menu but Spanish words would appear.

Thanks to every body for the answers.

A mod folder with different language.pbo files are needed I think. Basically putting Spanish words in the Column where the English ones would be. English would then still be selected in the menu but Spanish words would appear.

I think I'll have to do that if there is no other way, the things is that for an addon release it is not very accurate to find different language than the one expected but makes me thing that some people does it that way, probably release different pbo for different languages.