Sign in to follow this  
EDcase

Spacial sounds

Maybe its just my system but the spacial sound effect is lost if the source is nearby.

In other words if you are next to a car with the engine on or someone firing close by it sounds in all speakers equally so you can't tell where its coming from.

While the sound SHOULD spread around you the closer you get to the source, it would still be directional.

Anyone else notice this....?

It's a problem of sound volume. If volume is high enough (by it's class definition), you'll loose stereo spatial information when you get close enough. It's a greater problem in sound addons than in vanilla iirc.

I only noticed this after one of the patches, 1.55 I think. I'm sure before I could tell where a shot was fired from, now I hear someone firing and it sounds like it's very close to me, but when I locate the shooter it turns out he's 100m+ away.

The other day I discovered another annoying sound problem when I was making a mission, in which a car drives away while playing music. After the car gets more than 10 meters, the music distorts and slows down, becoming slower as the car moves farther away.

Yep, I have that problem too. Any high volume sounds (e.g. shots fired from my squad) seem to be coming from the inside of my head. And I believe I should be able to tell the difference.