Sign in to follow this  
Kerikus

Smartphone/videophone gps in mission

Hi all,

how can I make in mission GPS like in PMC official campaign? gpsa.jpg Thanks

Looks to me like that's just a graphical change for the GPS device itself; though I haven't played PMC yet.

Are you asking how to create that from scratch or how to give that existing PMC device to one of your players?

;1808188']

Are you asking how to create that from scratch or how to give that existing PMC device to one of your players?

Yes Im asking how add this GPS to one/all players in mission. I don't want make a new addon or something.

1- Place function module

2- In your init file write this : waituntil {!isnil "bis_fnc_init"};

["ca\missions_pmc\data\ui_gps_ca.paa",-0.05,0.16] call bis_fnc_customGPS;

3- In your description file write this : onMinimapScript[] = {"BIS_fnc_customGPS_Spawn"};

and you will have the new gps as in the picture :)

Take a look here http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:ArmA_2:_Functions

Edited by panda123

Thanks alot, also works with:

1.add function libraly on map and into inicial. whrite ["ca\missions_pmc\data\ui_gps_ca.paa",-0.05,0.16] call bis_fnc_customGPS;

2.place trigger and into incial. put this ["ca\missions_pmc\data\ui_gps_ca.paa",-0.05,0.16] call bis_fnc_customGPS;

Yes it same code, but is simple way and works too. (I don't know why) Isn't this nice PDA? :-)

Edited by Kerikus

This is a great little number ^^ Was wondering about this just today. Sweet hehe...

I just began thinking. In the first mission of the PMC campaign you watch a small clip over your Smartphone (I do not know if it shows up more in the campaign. Haven't made it too far) and you see someone talking. I was wondering how one would create the same effect?

Sry for not answering yesterday. Do a search on the bi wiki with "bis fnc" to find more scripts like sandstorm, flies, crowes etc.

Thanks alot, also works with:

1.add function libraly on map and into inicial. whrite ["ca\missions_pmc\data\ui_gps_ca.paa",-0.05,0.16] call bis_fnc_customGPS;

2.place trigger and into incial. put this ["ca\missions_pmc\data\ui_gps_ca.paa",-0.05,0.16] call bis_fnc_customGPS;

Yes it same code, but is simple way and works too. (I don't know why) Isn't this nice PDA? :-)

doesn't work for me and i have the Pmc addon

doesn't work for me and i have the Pmc addon

Have you in description this code?

onMinimapScript[] = {"BIS_fnc_customGPS_Spawn"};