Sign in to follow this  
Whiteraven

Additional Radio callsigns.

Does anyone know of a way to add extra Radio callsigns to a mission? E.g Kilo, Lima, Mike, November.

Apologies for the "Wasted" thread, tho im sure this will help others too.

Edited by Whiteraven

You can't, but you could add things like that via Communication Menu or AddAction perhaps.

Hi Kylania.

I figured there might be an issue with it, tho Com menu & addaction would do just as good. Was wanting to learn the whole addaction thing anyway.

P.s Are you on the servers much (Not to go off topic)

Usually either a private server, 15th MEU's ACE server or PC Gamer's server.

Kool, we'll have to arrange a game sumday, battle the legendary Kylania ;)

, or team up, watever.

@Kylania: I thought I saw you on Ventrilo one night. What do you do in the 15th MEU? I'm in VMM 268.

@Kylania: I thought I saw you on Ventrilo one night. What do you do in the 15th MEU? I'm in VMM 268.

Just play. :) I'm just a pubber on their recruiting server. heh Keep meaning to sign up, but never get around to it! heh

kylania, you should. Now back on topic.

What exactly do you mean 'Other Callsigns'? Like when a unit radios in a contact or Blue on Blue it's something like 'Bravo 1 - Blue on Blue!' instead of '1-1-A-4 - Blue on Blue!' or what exactly are you wanting to do?

And AZCoder, xo Who're you? -Is LCpl Flynn- >_> <_< Didn't think anyone else from phoenix was in the unit either xo

Like when setting up a trigger you have Radio Alpha to Juliet.. I just think its a shame you cant set up more.

Tho now you mention it, how would you set up sideChats that identify a unit? e.g Maybe changing 1-1-A-4 to HQ, or Undercover operative.

For instance when i place a UN officer called Joe - and set a random radio message - Joe Globalchat "UN base under attack"; the radio message displays - Independant "UN base under attack" instead of - Joe "UN base under attack"

Well for the triggers to have mo then Alpha to Juliet I have no idea... sadly.

But to have sidechat changed I believe I can set up a quick example mission in which the different ways are done. It'll take me till a little later tonight and I should be able to send them in a PM. I just need to find all of my old examples so I can put'm together and get'm to you ^^ Hope you don't mind waiting a little bit ^^

For sideChats, if you want a group identity that appears in the chat, you just do this in the group leader's init:

group this setGroupId ["Firefly"];

Where Firefly is anything you want. The chat will refer to group leader as "Firefly 1" in this example, and each member will have a different number.

@SigintArma: Yep, here in the Valley. SNP Bottorff, fairly new.

Edited by AZCoder

@Sigint

Thankin you.. I'll be studying it till i get it right, the links also.

Ty AZCoder.. :)

Edited by Whiteraven