Sign in to follow this  
pokletu

Is the color saturation moddable?

BIS's games have always had this washed-out look to them. I've noticed, lately, however, that when an AUTOSAVE happens, all the colors are vibrant, just for a sec.

That suggests to me that the engine is capable of rendering deep colors, but maybe the hokey sunshine shaders ruin it, or something. Is there any way that that could be fixed?

Try adjust your digital vibrance in your drivers. I have nvidia and set my digital vibrance to 80%, that made much more rich colours for me. Dont know if this can be done if you have ati drivers.

Yes, ATI Catalyst allows it too. I usually play with a saturation value of 150, it looks a lot better to me.

That's a good suggestion, thanks, but I can't adjust the color settings PER GAME, like I can the 3d settings. I'm also running an nvidia board. It's just too much to change that much stuff just to play a video game. If I could set it up automatically, that's another story.

Notwithstanding driver workarounds, is there any way to change the game this way?

I agree that there's too much saturation in the game, and sometimes the colors look very washed out and "faded". I have my Windows settings just how I want them, and don't want to change them just for Arma while my desktop and all of my other games look fine with these settings. It'd be nice if it was configurable with a script or .ini setting

edit for OP: TrueMods changes the sky saturation to give it a more bluish tint so you might try that; but I don't think it changes any other saturation/color levels

Edited by No Use For A Name