Sign in to follow this  
grillob3

losing performance!

Need help!I'm losing performance during gameplay going from like 100+ to 50 40 then i pouse it alt-tab and fix it going back to 100+! Any solution?

win7 64

i7-920 4.2ghz

8gb ram 1600 8.8.8.24

ati 5970+5870

ssd for arma 2

Tx.

You call 40-50 FPS barely playable? I play around 25 FPS and it's fine (though I wish my PC could do better)

You call 40-50 FPS barely playable? I play around 25 FPS and it's fine (though I wish my PC could do better)

I didn't say 40-50 FPS was barely playable

For me, my framerate seems (I don't know how to check my framerate in game) to go down to 10-20, but alt tabbing brings it back up to 20+ for a short while, as does saving, changing video settings, and bringing up the map.

Ok, I assumed when you said "same for me too" that you had the same kind of framerate.

As for what could be causing it, no idea :(

It's quite frustrating, because clearly my system is capable of running the game at an adequately high framerate, but something unknown seems to be bogging it down...

How do I check my framerate in game?

That might be your problem. Been reading a lot about patch 1.55 performance problems.

As far as I can tell there's been some success with the beta patches, but I'm not sure if that's a valid solution in your case seeing as you have the Steam version.

Many inc me have experienced this, hard to pinpoint but very much came with 1.55 patch.

Betas have since been put out and using exthreads etc seem to sort it, this is now out as official 1.56 patch (see general section) and check beta section "exthreads" thread about that switch. Obviously steam has to wait for steam for the update.

I'm using "-nosplash -maxmem=4095 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=4 -winxp -mod=BAF" ht off and the game is all up to date arma 2 oa baf.

Armarific the point is not playable or not!There is a problem and i want report and fix it!

If you have a low end pc you play low fps and if you have a high end you want to play with high fps!Right?lol

so what should i do?ht is off and is a i7 920?

But this is not the problem!the problem started after patch 1.55.

Just up date to 1.56 lets see if works better!

Can everyone do us a favour and test this out, at least to confirm that this isn't just us.

Start up ARMA, go into a mission, stand still and observe your framerate. Wait a few minutes, then minimize the game. Wait a few more minutes, then switch back to your game, and see if your framerate has increased. Then see if it goes back down after a little while. Make sure to stand still in game. Please give in actual numbers what your framerates were before and after.

I can get to 30-50 frames after minimizing, after which it drops back to around 20 and below.

Edited by Donner & Blitzen

Can everyone do us a favour and test this out, at least to confirm that this isn't just us.

Start up ARMA, go into a mission, stand still and observe your framerate. Wait a few minutes, then minimize the game. Wait a few more minutes, then switch back to your game, and see if your framerate has increased. Then see if it goes back down after a little while. Make sure to stand still in game. Please give in actual numbers what your framerates were before and after.

I can get to 30-50 frames after minimizing, after which it drops back to around 20 and below.

There is a peformance degradation in the game. Things stop working and my frame rate collapses to unplayable levels. Mine takes a bit longer though, but even after making my frame rate better again by windowing out and in, I still need to restart the game after some elements of the game just simply stop working.