Sign in to follow this  
mark turner

Error message on starting game with ACE addon.

Hey guys, me again, I have set up and used addon sync to install the ace mod , also followed the youtube installation video.

I have the correct ACE files in the root folder. I have altered my desktop shortcut properties target line as follows: "D:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -mod=@ACE -mod=@ACEX

When i start the game I get an error saying: include filex\cba\addons\main\script_macroscommon.hpp not found

Why is this and what have I done wrong? Could swear I followed the guide exactly.....

Thank you!!

include filex\cba\addons\main\script_macroscommon.hpp not found

You need CBA

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231&highlight=CBA

after downloading it and installing please read the readme inside as it will tell you which CBA

you need and how to setup your target line. But for anything modded requires CBA well most of them at least.

Also your target line is incorrect, you only need one -mod=

so your taget line for Ace should look like this:

"D:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -world=empty -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@ACE;@ACEX

for OA it should be @CBA_OA only if i remember correctly.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

And don't forget the sound mod (or any other sound mod). You need, you just don't know it yet.

Quick one on ACE...

My ArmA 2 is latest version all ACE is uptodate and all of em installed and added to the short cut including -mod=@CBA, when I go to start I get this error:

include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside.hpp not found

Any ideas? It's not looking for a MP key or something is it? I installed that into both the @ACE directory and the main ArmA 2 one...

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

Further to my last...

I found the file... It's int eh ACE directory under "store" and zipped as a .tar... so I unzipped a copy of it with all other zipped files (copies of) and moved them into the main ACE directory, but still no joy... Errrrrrrrrrm...???

@sabelzahntiger

Only thing you need from the store is the userconfig and the keys folder, they go into the main Arma2 directory, or your main directory (same Place).

Thats why it dont work for you, the game wont read the userconfig from the ace folder,

just the addons that are in the addons folder, everything else has to be in the main game directory.

Goto the ACE addonThread for more info

He dont need more info,

he already has ace installed in the main directory, he knows about the store folder and and the userconfig,

all he has to do is move them into his main directory so the game can read it.

I have it working now, thanks guys. If I want to ( do I need to?) use the zues mod as well ( do they play nice together?) is all I have to do add :@zeu_AI to the end of the string on the properties shortcut ( after first making sure the folder is in my root directory?

Cheers, Mark

There is an existing ACE2 thread in the Addons&Mods:Complete forum you could have used instead.