Sign in to follow this  
samthegreat4

Cant join this server

Hey guys,

When I join many servers I get the message:

You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on DLC that has been deleted CAWheeled2_BTR90, warfare2vehicles.

The server you are trying to join is running community made addons that have to be downloaded in order for you to join.

By purchasing ArmA2. :)

By purchasing ArmA2. :)

Pretty much yeah. The guy has Arrowhead but doesn't have the original arma2.

Here is the problem...I see lots of people trying to join our server with the same thing.

The server you are trying to join requires that you run Arma in "combined operations" mode. Just owning Arma and OA is not enough; you need to run it in the combined ops mode to load the content from both games at once.

In Steam this is pretty easy -- just right click on the Operation Arrowhead game in the games list and choose "Launch Arma 2: Combined Operations". In non-Steam...well I actually don't know first hand, but here is a thread that talks about it:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101214

Joehunk,

Thank you for answering this question that many of us have had for months now. I figured it out on my own, but still there are others who need to know about this problem. This is something BIS should look into, because it prohibited me from playing on both modded and un-modded servers.

WOlle,

Search before posting doesn't work if the answer isn't there. Those of us who figured it out did so by experimentation, because there hasn't been on thread until now that listed Joehunk's solution. Most everyone with the issue had both games already and all the DLC's.

Like I said in another thread, not all of us are computer hackers. Therefore, the moderators should have some patience with questions and help to better organize the forum instead of just posting rules.