Sign in to follow this  
mark turner

game looks really "soft focus", even on high settings

I don't think blur is overdone, at least if you're able to run at 100% 3D resolution.

I am running at 100% 3d res and it feels like i got grease in my eyes with post process effects on.

I would recommend running the game in windowed mode on 1920x1200 (or 1680x1050 if you can handle it). Will give you a pretty big performance boost as it will allow you to scale back to 3d resolution without losing quality (except it will be slightly smaller).

I had an 8800GTX before, and the native resolution for me (1280*3 x 1024) was too hard on it... granted it's a triple head resolution, so you should have no trouble running 1280x1024 on your rig... If not, reduce the interface resolution to 1024x768 and the 3D resolution to match... that will give you a big boost in performance at the cost of lost resolution, but you can always set some FSAA to reduce the jaggies(weighs less than native res -in my rig at least)

Anyways, as was said here before, there's no single answer for what works and what doesn't... you just have to play around with the settings until you find one that works for you :)

Cheers

Surprised no-one has mentioned oktNoBlur - latest version is on the last page. Unsure as to whether it works with today's patch.

the problem is because of the ridiculous blur I can't use it. the blurs so overdone that it hurts my eyes.

Hey, I disabled "post-process effects" in Video> Advanced options,and now the terrain graphics are sensational without any blur..:)