Sign in to follow this  
Jahve

A question reguarding the official uh60

I have, like someone else has no doubt about it, discovered that the UH60 and UH60 MG in ofp has a flare dispenser/launcher on it's back. look at this uh60fl.jpg

Wondering: why wasnt it made operational by the gunner/pilot ? even if it wasnt intended to use as a countermeasure to missiles, but just to light the place up?

and that's.......bad?

Who cares, the soldiers have those water containers and the large pockets, but they never use them. I think it's just for cosmetics. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jahve @ May 07 2002,12:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have, like someone else has no doubt about it, discovered that the UH60 and UH60 MG in ofp has a flare dispenser/launcher on it's back. look at this uh60fl.jpg

Wondering: why wasnt it made operational by the gunner/pilot ? even if it wasnt intended to use as a countermeasure to missiles, but just to light the place up?<span id='postcolor'>

Lag problems problobly.

Anyways flares have no use for now there are no IR homing missiles.

no.. but to light the place up? i kinda like the idea..

You may also have noticed that nearly every vehicle in OFP has some sort of "cosmetics".

I think it's becase BIS didn't want to have all the details in the textures. They wanted to give the players something real to look at...

it's not like the AA missiles hit anything anyway unless you have a whole squad armed with them biggrin.gif they would be kinda nice to light the LZ up, but that can easily be done with a script

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordZach @ May 07 2002,16:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it's not like the AA missiles hit anything anyway unless you have a whole squad armed with them biggrin.gif they would be kinda nice to light the LZ up, but that can easily be done with a script<span id='postcolor'>

What? I usually have no problems getting the AA missles to hit their targets about 80% of the time. Also when a handful of them into several squads they usually shoot down several of my aircraft. Try making some missions where your troops are delivered by UH-60 into an area with say about 4 AA troops amongst 4 squads (one per squad). Then tell me how effective they are. In my opinion they do the job nicely. Stick two AA guys per enemy squad and things get really hairy.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>