Sign in to follow this  
PELHAM

MH-60 landing backwards, AI stuck when boarding

Hi all, new to Arma and loving it!

I have managed to make a few complex missions in the OA editor and all goes well apart from this, I can't solve it.

Helo extraction of my group - AI leader - AI WP 'Get In' synced with Helo WP 'LOAD' and invisble H

The MH-60 always rotates on landing so that it lands either sideways or backwards (looks very odd) with the tail usually facing the AI to load. 1 in 5 occasions the AI get stuck on the tail when running to the Helo and can't board and I have to restart the game.

I have tried repositioning everything many times and tried different formation commands - no effect. They keep getting caught on the tail horizontal stabilisers or stuck trying to board where the crew chief sits. Is this a bug with the MH-60?

I have tried searching but can't find anything on it.

Well, you can position the loading units to where you know they will have a straight run to the chopper (from where you believe the side of the chopper will be).

You can try setting the load waypoint completion radius for the chopper to, say, maybe 50.

For the units boarding, you can add another waypoint before the get in waypoint, or just try moving the get in waypoint. Either way, set the waypoint/s to where they will have a better chance of boarding without a problem. And, you can try giving the get in waypoint a completion radius, also.

Play around with those and see what happens.

@CyOp

I will try the completion radius. Doesn't matter where you put the AI or the 'get in' WP. When the squad leader orders 'Get in that chopper' they all run off 50m from the waypoint you set and the chopper turns as its landing. Sometimes it's ok but 1 in 5 occasions it turns too far and the tail is pointing towards the squad. When they try to board they get stuck behind the tail fins. Hopefully the 'get in' completion radius might work - will post back.

@SigintArma

Interesting post - just starting to explore modules so that will be useful info for the future. It's a really good feature to be able to record a heli flight like a macro and get the AI to repeat it!:bounce3:

Thank you both for the replies.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Completion Raduis!

Yes that helped - the MH-60 is not turning as much on landing. I set the 'Load' and 'Get In' WPs to 100. All works perfectly now. Thank you!