What have i done?

1) Edited t72.p3d MLOD.

2) Put t72.p3d to Z:/binarize/t72/t72.p3d

3) In z:/binarize i have

bin.bat

binarize.exe

exclude.txt

readme.txt

Nothing happens when i press bin.bat or binarize.exe.

Nothing exept a msdos window comes up for 1/10 secound.

How do i set "addon directory name as parameter" in bin.bat?

bin.bat look like this.

@echo off

@if "%1"=="" (

echo Usage: bin addon_name

goto :EndOfFile

)

@rem Model file optimization

rem Cemove current content

rd /s /q Opt\%1

rem Create target directory

mkdir Opt\%1

rem Perform binarization

binarize -textures=Opt -exclude=Opt\exclude.lst %1 Opt\%1

rem Copy all except model and textures

xcopy %1 Opt\%1 /exclude:exclude.txt

rem Note: textures referenced from other addons or pbo files

rem can be found in corresponding Opt subdirectories (like Opt/Data)

:EndOfFile

Anyone know how the binarize tool work, or is it so that i cant binarize just one p3d file?

Edited by Rellikki

Anyone know how the binarize tool work, or is it so that i cant binarize just one p3d file?

I do. Open DOS command editor, go to the directory where the binarize exe is located (such as : "cd \program files\utilities\binarize" for example), then type :

binarize name_of_the_source_folder name_of_the_destination_folder

It'll binarize the MLOD p3d (unbinarized ones) being in the "name_of_the_source_folder" folder in ODOL p3d format (binarized ones) into the "name_of_the_destination_folder" one.

But as you're a beginner, i don't see why you wanna binarize your models. Non binarized models work flawlessly into OFP.

I got the 0.36 demo models in MLOD, after editing them they work flawlessly in the demo, but when i put them in 1.96 resistance not ODOL:ed it look like there is many textures missing, yes as you can see im a beginner.

Bt im very happy obout the results i got from modefying the data3D.p3d file, and now i want them to work in 1.96 OFP.

And ODOL should get less CPU load as i can understand, so it´s god thing anyway, together with not compressing the pbo and "light" models, i hope it should be fine.

Most satisfying is that it work in MP, and specially crcti games, just need to fill in those white holes with textures.

What do you think, should i try to put in the data.pbo together with the data3D.pbo in 1.96 version?

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

You can use Col. Klink frontend for Binarize, it works nicely.

Tanks for this, i will try it now.

Im not so mush in for dos, and have vista, it´s not so dos:ish.

But imagine OFP will run better in XP...

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Or should i MLOD the resistance data3D.p3d´s, mix them with the

demos p3d´s and then pbo them togheter?

Or i got this missing handgranade and that kind of things, anyway now that i modded the whole data3D it crashes in resistance 1.96.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Also i can find somting that called merged.pbo in resistance..

Could that be somthing?

Give me a hint.

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:51 PM ----------

tried the binarize, still got white textures.

Edited by aaman

White textures means that the p3d is refering to some textures that OFP does not find.

If that problem happens from a P3D from the demo, maybe one of the textures this model needs do not exist for the retail version.

Usually the textures are found in Data.pbo.

Look into O2 and get the list of texture, and see into the Data.pbo from the game, one of those texture listed is not there.

If it is not there, take the missing texture from the demo Data.pbo and try to add it to the game Data.pbo (important : do not replace any of the game texture that are already in the Data.pbo by their demo version, things could have changed a lot and create visual bugs if you replace carelessly)

AHHH!!!

Solved it, but thanks for the binarize tool again Sanctuary, now it works flawlessly everywhere:yay::yay::yay: