Sign in to follow this  
bhaz

CO 02 Foxtrot Two

insertionweb.gif

Campaign: I found the motivation to turn this into a campaign, more info here.

The mission: Enter southern Zargabad (a Takistani DMZ) and secure evidence related to a planned attack on resistance positions.

Info: After seven years of playing the OFP franchise I've finally gotten round to making a release. This is a short two man co-op mission designed to see if ArmA is capable of forcing linear gameplay. Also - possibly the start of a larger 2-man series / campaign if I'm motivated to create more. The mission can be played in SP or MP - but wasn't designed with friendly AI in mind - lots of objects, so bring a friend.

Technical info: Will work in either hosted or dedicated MP servers. 100% FSM driven, fully JIP and save-game compatible.

Requirements:

OA or Combined Ops

Works well with:

Zeus AI - for added difficulty

Download:

Armaholic

fox1insertionscrn1.th.jpg

Edited by bhaz
camp

This actually sounds quite interesting :) Unfortunately I didn't have time to test it (yet).

In what way would you say it's linear? Are you walking along a path with walls around it or what..? :-)

/ ]NTRUDER

NTRUDER;1794957']In what way would you say it's linear? Are you walking along a path with walls around it or what..?

Technically, yeah. I forced the player's path through objects (barricades & wrecks) and a minefield, plus hidden extra means if they find a gap. I was messing around in the 3D editor, pouring object detail into a single area, then built the mission on top. Originally it was restricted to a single street, but I figured if I wanted to play CoD - I'd just open CoD.

Me and a friend tried, it was fun and well scripted. Even though the movie sequence when entering finding the bodies was a bit annoying, it gave the enemy time to go into the building and when it stopped they were only a couple of meters away :P

Good mission, but a bit short too. Easy

Me and a friend tried, it was fun and well scripted. Even though the movie sequence when entering finding the bodies was a bit annoying, it gave the enemy time to go into the building and when it stopped they were only a couple of meters away :P

Good mission, but a bit short too. Easy

Thanks, feedback on difficulty is much appreciated. After testing ~50 times it's hard to judge difficulty when you're so familiar with your own mission. The mission is short because it's an introduction to a 12 mission coop campaign I'm currently developing (ETA 2-3 weeks).

A little hint of things to come:

Foxtrot 2

• 2-man coop - 11 infantry CQB based coop missions.
  • 1 hub mission - allowing you to complete campaign missions in any order, or just explore the map and pick a fight.
  • Mission rewards - provide bonuses to use in other missions.
  • Secondary objectives - optional extra content with smaller rewards.
  • Campaign ammo crate - collect & store weapons for future missions!
  • Your weapon and magazines carry between missions - you'll eventually need a new gun.
  • Voiced! (unconfirmed)
  • 100% JIP & saveGame.

Foxtrot 4

After the first release, any major bugfixes, feedback on difficulty and gameplay - the missions will be rebalanced and re-released for co-op only. (2-4 players with no friendly AI)

Edited by bhaz

IM going to play this in coop in a hour or two.

I cant get enough of coop campaigns, really hope you make one.

thanks

2 player co-op campaigns will always be a welcome contribution. If you have the time of course :)