Sign in to follow this  
ray243

is a rts mode possible in arma 2?

We already have a construction mode, but is it possible to make it more rts like? Come to think of it, it can be pretty fun! Imagine controlling hundreds of humvees! Or maybe a world in conflict style mod? What do you think? Will it work? I apologize if a similar thread has been brought up.

I would love to see an rts style mod. But it would have to downgrade the level of detail in the game, or else it would crash.

One thread down seems like a step in the direction you are looking for http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110033

Not a full blown rts mode, but it seems like it proves the possibility of implementing more "rts-like" features.

Looks more like the spectator mode. What I was saying is have a camera floating like maybe 100 metres high, and being able to command them and zoom in right down to arma 2 detail.

Sounds impossible lol

Yep, impossible to make it act like WiC. The best you can hope for is a camera version of high command, which that particular mod will be eventually.

My new version of FCC which I've just posted moments ago let's you use High Command in a freelook camera.

It's not like in a RTS, but I've tried my best to use ArmA's built-in mechanics to build a useful commanding camera.

Edited by MrXToTheN

Somewhen I saw a WIP video for an RTS mod back in Arma 1 days...if I find it I'll post.

So I think not the RTS you know, but I think the game is versatile enough to make it into a full RTS.