Sign in to follow this  
Kolmain

Server Update?

I am having serious trouble uploading my ArmA 2 Directory to my dedicated, is there anyway to install the latest patches without reinstalling the entire dedicated server?

If you have access to the registry on the dedicated server then yes there is an option.

You can edit the registry to tell the update installer you have Arma2 OA installed, then just run the update installer on the dedicated server.

The instructions to edit the registry have been posted elswhere in these forums.

it tells me its either not installed or corrupt, i uploaded my registry and installed it but still no go

Windows Server 2007

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Installing a patch on the dedicated server

To install a patched version on the dedicated server, you can either install the patch on some machine with the full game installed and then transfer the full patched game, or you can download the patch to the dedicated server, make sure there exists a registry entry on the server so that the patch can find the game location, verify the CD key, and apply the patch directly on the server.

The registry entry can be created by exporting a registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA from the machine where the game is installed. The file should look like this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA]

"KEY"=hex:xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx

"MAIN"="C:\\Program files\\Bohemia Interactive\\ArmA"

To install updates on Windows Server 2003 (64bit) and all the other options have not worked please try this work around instead you will still need to edit the paths "Main"="C:\\Your\\ArmA\\Path\\ArmA"

note: the installer might use PATH instead of default MAIN key, this is unstandard fix and might not work with latest patches

Windows server 2003 (64bit)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA]

"Main"="C:\\Program files\\Bohemia Interactive\\ArmA"

"PATH"="C:\\Program files\\Bohemia Interactive\\ArmA"

"KEY"=hex:xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx

wiki didnt work either :(

~bump

Registry method tells me the installation is just corrupt and wont let me install, with this new patch my bandwith wont allow me to reuplaod the game, any ideas?