Sign in to follow this  
Boris Glasgov

Simple Explanation for fixing CAWheeled_2BTR90, warfare2vehicles

Hello,

I have read up on the CAWheeled_2BTR90 and warfare2vehicles error messages over the last few days, but still can't figure out how to fix it. I'm not much of a computer programmer anymore, so I have no idea how to perform the suggested fixes with the information provided. It is to the point where I am unable to play on any server, especially the ones I like.

Can anyone please walk me through how to fix these problems?

Thanks!

still issue with just released 1.55 update ?

Just got the patch. Let me test and I'll get back to you.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Yes, the issue is still there. The same servers I had the problem with before, I still have now. (Ca2, warfare2 errors)

Since the patch, if I try to join other servers I get "connect failed". Now I am completely unable to participate in multi.

If it helps, my two favorite servers for CTI are 1-8th Marines and Suicide Squad.

Having the same problem, with almost every CTI server.

Also use steam.

Buddy of mine had these when he tried to launch A2:OA or BAF trough steam,

when he launched A2:combined operations it got fixed.

Don't know exact details, since im using dvd-versions.

(after 1.55 patch ofc)

It got fixed when he launched CO?

I'd much rather play AO, but I've gone back to CO plenty of times, and no change.

It got fixed when he launched CO?

I'd much rather play AO, but I've gone back to CO plenty of times, and no change.

I am having the same errors. I cannot find a solution in another thread for how to get around or fix the missing vehicles bug. I am unable to play on all of the multiplayer servers I've tried on.

I am also having a problem when I try to launch combined operations, the game does not launch at all. I can only start OA.

I use Steam version. Have started with the selection screen that comes up when Steam is closed and chosen Combined ops; does not start, load or even get the processors thinking.

Have also tried starting Steam and going into games menu and launching Combined operations, same thing.

Other versions work, but can't join any servers as I'm missing the vehicle files that everyone is talking about.

Edited by Slyder73

OK, after a frustrating number of combinations I have found a solution to the probem (that worked on my system at least). Reading other threads and Steam threads regarding my no startup issue I tried many things. I ended up at this by trying the ones suggested and them not working and thinking I should try the other combinations that should be possible.

This fixed my no startup issue and resolved the missing vehicle files.

1. Go to Steam (ENSURE STEAM IS RUNNING AS ADMINISTRATOR, then Verify game cache of Arma2 (Vanilla)

2. Verify cache (AS ADMINISTRATOR), Arma2: Operation Arrowhead

3. Verify cache (AS ADMINISTRATOR), Arma2: British Armed Forces (I have the full addon)

4. Delete the desktop icons of all versions of Steam Arma games.

5. Have Steam recreate the desktop icons through the Steam games menu.

6. I have windows7 and only the administrator account. Set the icons to run as administrator if you do this differently.

6. FIRST, run vanilla Arma2 from the new desktop icon. It loads up, exit. This apparently creates an entry to pathfind the program in the registry (paraphrasing).

7. SECOND, run Arma2 Operation arrowhead from new desktop icon. It loads up, exit (must be after vanilla and from new icon in admin mode to get the registry entry) I did this in my hours of trials without this step and it did not work and this step is not mentioned in the few other threads I found!!!!!!

8. THIRD, you can either exit Steam and click Arma2:OPeration arrowhead icon then choose the combined operations selection on the bottom of the menu that pops uo --- OR ---in Steam menu, GAMES, VIEW GAMES LIBRARY, ARMA2:OPERATION ARROWHEAD scroll down and choose to launch combined operations.

This and this alone worked for me, in that order. I tried it a half dozen other ways based on the advice from two friends and from several threads I found here and on the Steam forums. None of them mentioned the deleting and recreating the desktop icons (this also worked for me to fix another issue in the past with a Steam game no longer working after a patch...don't ask me why I have no idea how a desktop icon changes from patch to patch, and I do not know if it is absolutely necessary, it might work for you if you don't, I'm just reporting what worked for me).

None of the other threads mentioned that it had to be Arma2, then Arma2:OA, then Arma2:Com Ops ran from the new icons in admin mode AFTER all have been verified in Steam.

I hope this helps at least someone forego the frustration that has been my day or two trying again to get this game working after another borked up patch.

Edited by Slyder73

I have the same problem.

Cant play any MP games in arma OA anymore which was of course the main point to buy this game. Had the problem before buying BAF already.

If i try to start CO, it doesnt even load up, und OA doesnt let me play a single MP game due to missing vehicle error.

is it a steam thing or is it arma?

hope the arma guys will work on this problem, as people pay good money for this game. very frustrating

i almost wrecked my pc after hours of trying to solve this....

Fraternite, it seems the missing vehicles had something to do with the registry entries that were missing and preventing the CO from starting. Fix the CO startup and the other fixes.

WHen you re-verified your caches through Steam, did you first open Steam as an administrator, then verify? You might have to change the desktop icon to always run as administrator.

Then did you load the vanilla Arma2 first?, then Arrowhead? After that the Combined ops worked again for me.

I have bought ARMA2 as DVD-game and OA and BAF with steam.

After reinstalling A2 in its old version, I can start CO, but it still doesnt work. the vehicle error persists and all MP games show yellow and red

One problem is, that i cant register A2 with steam, as it does not take the product code that came with the cd.

so i can´t completely follow your instructions, as i can not veryfy A2 with steam... (is there a way to register CD-game on steam?)

im not sure whether i should remove A2 completely and even reinstall OA and BAF...

that will take a whole day, and also wont work... then i jump :mad:

When you go to your Steam games menu, at the bottom left of the Steam box, and click "add a game" to add a non-steam game to your steam? Then, delete your desktop shortcut and go to the new listing for Arma2 CD version on your Steam list and right click and ask Steam to create a desktop shortcut. That might get the pathways right for Steam versions of Arrowhead.

I know other threads I looked were mentioning there are extra problems with retail Arma2 and Steam Arrowhead. Make sure you have updated your non-Steam CD before you add it to Steam and THEN use Steam to create a desktop icon. Just in case this adds another variable.

Now try verifying the game cache of the Operation Arrowhead. Make sure all your icons and Steam are as administrator. Then, run the new CD version desktop icon that Steam created first, if game works, close, then run Arrowhead, if works close, then run Combined Operations. If that works, the missing vehicle bug is still there but you can still play the games.

Just making some educated guesses here so I hope it works for you. Not sure what else to do.

It didn't work for me. ARRRGH no ARMA IN WEEKS!!!

Can we get any help from BIS here? MP issues are out of control.

Got the same error .

Arma2 as DVD Version and OA bought through Spocket.

EDIT: I found a solution for me. I installed Arma 2 and AO in 2 different folders and had Arma 2 already patched. So I uninstalled both and deleted all folders that were still left. After that I installed Arma 2 without patching it and then installed AO. After AO installation I installed the AO Patch 1.50 - 1.55 and it also patched Arma 2 to Version 1.08 i think. Now everything works fine.

Hope it helps and sorry for my English.

Edited by NED

I'm not sure why no one could tell me this, but all you have to do is right click on OA and select "Run Arma2: Combined Ops". (Steam users)

BIS guys should have known this and posted a sticky. Also, why could they not have just put those files in OA so that the problem couldn't exist for non-CO users? Not all of us are computer hackers here. This problem cost me over a month of multiplayer fun.

I guess I shouldn't expect anything.....

/rant

Thanks to the members for their help.

I'm not sure why no one could tell me this, but all you have to do is right click on OA and select "Run Arma2: Combined Ops". (Steam users)

BIS guys should have known this and posted a sticky. Also, why could they not have just put those files in OA so that the problem couldn't exist for non-CO users? Not all of us are computer hackers here. This problem cost me over a month of multiplayer fun.

I've been reading through this thread.

First of all, many users here are not even telling if they're using a retail DVD or Steam or if they have OA, A2 or CO (both), what patch (i.e. what they've tried) etc. etc. - they're just ranting away yelling "error, error! hulp, hulp!". Are people supposed to read minds, just to find out that e.g. certain users installed A2 into a different directory than OA?

At any rate, the forums are there to get User-to-User help primarily, so thanks for your contribution, for all those who might have the same issue.

/rant

Thanks to the members for their help.

LOL, my step 8 about 3 posts up said to do this. :yay: