Sign in to follow this  
jimjim135

Hostname & Slots Error

Hello,

When attempting to run an ArmA 2 server, the server is online, but the hostname is my computer's name, and the slots is 64 when I want it to be 32.

Here is my application command line: -port=2302 -name=My ArmA Server

Below is my server.cfg file

/

// server.cfg

//

// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

// GLOBAL SETTINGS

hostname = "My ArmA Server"; // The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list

password = ""; // Password for joining, eg connecting to the server

passwordAdmin = "apasshere"; // Password to become server admin. When you're in Arma MP and connected to the server, type '#login (password)'

reportingIP = "armedass.master.gamespy.com"; // This is the default setting. If you change this, your server

//reportingIP = arma2pc.master.gamespy.com"; // In case of ArmA2 might not turn up in the public list. Leave empty for private servers

//reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com"; // For Operation Arrowhead

logFile = "server_console.log"; // Tells ArmA-server where the logfile should go and what it should be called

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")

// It can be several lines, separated by comma

// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval

motd[] = {

"", "", "",

"Welcome to the Testing",

};

motdInterval = 5; // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES

checkfiles[] = {}; // Outdated.

maxPlayers = 32; // Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.

kickDuplicate = 1; // Each ArmA version has its own ID. If kickDuplicate is set to 1, a player will be kicked when he joins a server where another player with the same ID is playing.

verifySignatures = 1; // Verifies the players files by checking them with the .bisign signatures. Works properly from 1.08 on

equalModRequired = 0; // Outdated. If set to 1, player has to use exactly the same -mod= startup parameter as the server.

// VOTING

voteMissionPlayers = 1; // Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.

voteThreshold = 0.33; // 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective

// INGAME SETTINGS

disableVoN = 1; // If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available

vonCodecQuality = 0; // Quality from 1 to 10

persistent = 1; // If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.

// SCRIPTING ISSUES

onUserConnected = ""; // self-explaining

onUserDisconnected = "";

doubleIdDetected = "";

regularCheck = "";

// some ArmA specific stuff - signature verification

onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)"; // unsigned data detected

onHackedData = "ban (_this select 0)"; // tampering of the signature detected

onDifferentData = ""; // data with a valid signature, but different version than the one present on server detected

BattlEye = 1; //Server to use BattlEye system

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)

class Missions {};

add

-config=server.cfg

to command line

and... you posted this in the Arma (not Arma 2) forums ;)

Sorry about that..

I added that line and I'm still receiving the same result.

If what you posted is an exact copy of your config, you're missing a slash in your first line.

/ 

needs to be

//

that's really all I can see that might be wrong (although that should spit errors out at you right away)

and

"Welcome to the Testing",

I don't think you need the comma on the last line of your MOD (message of day)

Edited by Mosh

I tried your config on my server and it worked fine. I really don't know what else it could be... it's got to be your command line. You really don't need -port (default is 2302) or -name (your naming it anyways in config file). Maybe just try it with the -config.

I'm also assuming your adding it right to target box of your shortcut, like this

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2server.exe" -config=server.cfg