Sign in to follow this  
tyro

game mechanics

I just bought this game combined operations, and am trying to like it, but am running into some issues.

Just trying to go through the tutorial and found that if I didn't stand in exactly the right place for the gun range (which is hard to see) it didn't recognize my shooting the targets, it said when I was through I could leave or drop my gun, have yet to figure out how to get rid of the gun. I then drove to the place where you blew up the tanks and chose to do that and right in the middle of practising with the saw I get shot and die. is this common throughout the game?

some instructions don't seem very clear.

Don´t play the Arma 2 tutorials, they´re utterly broken.

Instead play the Operation Arrowhead ones (further down the list)

Another thing, if you're running the ACE mod, don't even bother with the tutorials... they just won't work.

Some missions expect you to switch to a specific weapon (namely, the Apache training one that requires you at one point to switch to hellfires), and ACE's weapons are not detected as valid, so the mission gets stuck.

Other missions fail worse... some don't even run, or you become stuck at a black screen...

Not that you should even be trying to play tutorial missions with ACE enabled, but I thought it'd be interesting to share what happens when you do ;)

Cheers

Or just go in the editor and try stuff out.

open it up, doubble click on the ground, and make sure your guy is the players, save and hit preview, and play.

Welcome to the forums.

You can drop an item by bringing up the inventory screen (not sure about the key for that, perhaps 'I', but you can check what it is under Options->Controls) or by opening a crate and dropping it in. You open a crate by moving close to it and selecting 'Gear' or 'Rearm' (whichever appears on screen for you) - this will open the inventory of the crate and you can move items between your own inventory and the crate's.

Arma 2 is an awesome game but expect a steep learning curve. Spend some time customizing the keyboard shortcuts, too and try to play some of the included missions.

Welcome to the forums.

You can drop an item by bringing up the inventory screen (not sure about the key for that, perhaps 'I', but you can check what it is under Options->Controls) or by opening a crate and dropping it in. You open a crate by moving close to it and selecting 'Gear' or 'Rearm' (whichever appears on screen for you) - this will open the inventory of the crate and you can move items between your own inventory and the crate's.

Arma 2 is an awesome game but expect a steep learning curve. Spend some time customizing the keyboard shortcuts, too and try to play some of the included missions.

'G' will open you gear panel :)