Sign in to follow this  
mrcash2009

Preloading and waiting prompt before enter mission (how?) ...

Hi,

Im trying to find as much about pre-load as I can but with examples.

I have a mission where it takes up to maybe 10-15 seconds (or more) to run through all scripts and inits to finally be playable and not jumpy.

I wanted to smooth this out with a waiting screen until this process (all of my init scripts run etc) ... which once done would prompt a fade in a title post exec of everything so you can then play.

Best way to describe is like the pre-load manager loop you make in Flash files to wait until all is loaded before proceeding.

Had a good search but just get pre-load descriptions and no examples, can anyone point me into a direction of a mission that does this well so I can look at it, or any script examples I may have overlooked and what I should be looking for?

Any help would be great, once I know, I can use that as template, but I have fragmented bits of info that leave me head scratching, I need a seed planted to work from but I have yet to purchase the correct seed :)

Edited by mrcash2009

look into the AO training missions if you can, they have a really cool loading screen at the beginning where it is grayed out and blurry and it also has a progress bar.

For others that need this, an angel dropped from the heavens and added this script (as of today and this post) slap bang into Armaholic ... and answered all I ever needed in one go, could not have asked for better timing :)

Thanks Spyder.

SPY Loading Progress:

A progress bar that loads after the player is in the mission. It's actually designed so missions with a heavy scripting load. For example, kits are assigned and initial lag is gone by the time the player can move around.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12618

Edited by mrcash2009

For others that need this, an angel dropped from the heavens and added this script (as of today and this post) slap bang into Armaholic ... and answered all I ever needed in one go, could not have asked for better timing :)

Thanks Spyder.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12618

Awesome! I saw your post and was trying to come up with an answer myself. Great find, thanks. :)