Sign in to follow this  
Jantemplar

Texture on model in-game, compressed.

So,

Seems like im posting every second day with a problem.

Anyway,

I have textured up a model in Oxygen, and got it, reasonable perfect, throw it into game or bulldozer, and it compresses.

Its very weird, see images below:

Greater than 100kb:

Oxygen: http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii191/Jantemplar/paddywagon1.jpg

Bulldozer: http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii191/Jantemplar/paddywagon2.jpg

So yeah, theres a first time for everything.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Jan Templar

Thats now guesswork but try the following: create a new Edit LOD, copy/paste only the fuselage in there (select by texture) and check again. I have an idea what it is but want to check this first.

Gnat;1781942']Is it TGA?

Is it ^2 in size?

It is TGA' date='

Its 2048 X 2048.

Myke;1781973']Thats now guesswork but try the following: create a new Edit LOD, copy/paste only the fuselage in there (select by texture) and check again. I have an idea what it is but want to check this first.

LOL? That actually worked, hmmmmm, weird.

So after that, i went through and figured out that my untextured faces were actually causing this, which, is very weird, anyway, i textured them up and now its all fixed.

Thanks for your help guys.

Jan

It is TGA,

Its 2048 X 2048.

LOL? That actually worked, hmmmmm, weird.

So after that, i went through and figured out that my untextured faces were actually causing this, which, is very weird, anyway, i textured them up and now its all fixed.

Thanks for your help guys.

Jan

Had a similar case in the past once but wasn't 100%sure about. In the O2 screenshot i saw that the untextured parts looked like the UV mapping was stretched over several hundred tiles of a texture (can't describe it better). I had the very same issue once and scaling down the UV mapping to a handful of tiled textures solved the problem. I think it is called "UV coordinates too big" or something similar.