Sign in to follow this  
Kolmain

Wave style spawning

Is there any way to spawn increasing numbers of opfor groups and have them assault a position? I know I could used the fncspawngroup and fncassualt but where would I get the glassmaker or cfg entrys for the groups and how can I execute the next wave after he first is dead or maybe a timer?

Is there any way to spawn increasing numbers of opfor groups and have them assault a position? I know I could used the fncspawngroup and fncassualt but where would I get the glassmaker or cfg entrys for the groups and how can I execute the next wave after he first is dead or maybe a timer?

http://www.kylania.com/ex/?p=31

look at this :p

Hi...I was looking at this a couple days ago and got sidetracked by the nice weather here in NZ :) The script here is old....and I need to refine it a bit....an array or two too much I think.....but it works fine!

There is a little demo mission here.

The script is called from each groups leader with:-

nul = [group this,999] execVM "respawngrp.sqf";

The groups respawn 999 times....you can set this to whatever you want. You'll see what's going on in the demo.

I have been working on creating a game where everything respawns....so you can have seemingly huge battles with minimum stress on the machine.

What I have found is that this type of mission will run fine in Arma 2 for days on end and the machine will remain responsive.....but shits itself in CO/OA after some amount of hours. This means it is actually slowing down from the very start of the mission in CO/OA. The framerate drops to 5 or 6 if I leave it running overnight! Memory leaks maybe??

So....needless to say....I am working in Arma 2 for the time being!

EDIT: There is a newer version that allows a waypoint to be given as well as infinite respawns if required.

The newer Demo (Version 1.1) is here.

Read the comments for instructions.

Edited by twirly
Added new link to new vesrion.