Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Molotov or throwable Satchel Charge

Many wars have seen home-made or military made throwable Anti-tank weapons made by the military or resistance movements. It would be logical to add molotov cocktail (bottle with burning cloth in the end, filled with gasoline) or throwable satchel charge (basically a lump of explosives with burning detonator cord). Now anti-tank warfare composes almost entirely of missiles or LAWs. It would be great to use some close assault Anti-tank weapon in street or forest fighting, requiquiering nerves and courage.

I'm sure everyone who has seen Saving Private Ryan remembers the molotovs and explosives they used against German tanks. The current Satchel Charge is meant for spec ops hit-and-run attacks and they cant be thrown at tanks etc. like molotovs.

So BIS could implement some close-assault AT weapons for Resistance and Civilian troops smile.gif

Hmmmph,

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~avalpas/images/Talvisota/Varusteet/cwdata/MolotovinCocktail.html

Please see the link for further info. As often thought Molotov's cocktail was not russian origin, but the Finnish regards to Russian foreign minister Molotov during the Winter War. Similar weapons were already being used during Spanish Civil War, but can't confirm if they were already being called Molotov's.

Great, I doubt a Molotov would be effective on tanks, But throwable explosive charges would be.

that would be an easy addon

change the flamethrower to a handgrenade and voila: molotov with burning people and tanks

or change the effectivness of a handgrenade and you can kill tanks with it

Guest Scooby

Molotovs arent effective against modern tanks. Though I dont know if usage of them could possible cause overheat of engine if thrown over top of the engine.

We aren't dealing with WWII tanks anymore..

Armour material and construction has changed alot.

I think our satchel charges are a 'bit' stronger than in real life also wink.gif

You just couldn't rely on killing heavy tank in WWII with 3kg satchel, how could you do that now with being sure it'll blow up?

You could still make throwable satchel charges for civilians/resistance or molotovs, Im sure they would me still effective against lighter armor, bmp's, trucks etc.

Like, how about making mod that makes grenade explode like the current mortar round? 2-3 will take out a bmp.

Hmmm.....molotovs could be cool,but they could be kinda hard to make.But some booby traps for the resistance would rock biggrin.gif

In Normandy, the germans did the mistake of taking tanks into street combat. Many tanks where lost because someone threw a Molotov down from a house window, into the engine grate. This instantly put the engines out of use.

But I'm sure modern tanks don't fall for that trick. smile.gif