Sign in to follow this  
DiscordianKnight

Random deserts!

I recently undertook the arduous task of wiping my system and reinstalling everything (at least, everything windows-based) from scratch. When I finally got around to OFP, I installed, rebooted, patched, rebooted, patched, rebooted and ran OFP to find that the upper quarter of Malden and a few areas on Everon were wiped clean of ground texture and, for the most part, trees and shrubbery as well. A few patches of ground-texture surround buildings and such, but other than this... nothing. Desert! Eccch! I've already tried reinstalling twice; no luck. My pet theory is that there's some file I'm not trashing after my post-uninstall cleanup and delete. I'm running OFP on an Athlon XP 1.4GHz with 196 megs of PC133, with a 30GB HD and an Inno3D Tornado TI 200 Geforce 3 video card with 64 megs of RAM, running Win98SE. Prior to my reinstall, everything OFP-wise was running smoothly. Halp!

go back in time and stop your self wiping your hard drive.

Hmm, don't know exactly what you mean. The upper part of Malden IS a desert! Perhaps you could provide us with a screenshot?