Sign in to follow this  
kyfohatl

Help with ANIMATION: Units sits down

Question: I want to get some units to sit aound a campfire at the enemy base. I've done quite a bit of searching (managed to find the different commands and etc.), and from what I've found, I can do it via:

While {true} do {
_Anim = man1 playMove "amovpsitmstpsraswrfldnon_smoking";
waitUnitl {_Anim done};
};

... and it doesn't work. All I want is to make the units contantly sit around the campfire, so I'm using the loop above, so that whenever the animation is "done", it repeats (or at least that's what I interpreted from animation tutorials). Also, I simply want the unit to sit down, no need to smoke. Though I couldn't find any "plain sit down" in the wiki's list of animations.

Sorry if this question is very noobish... I'm a complete newbie to animations (this is my first animation).

this is how I'm doing it

1. create a trigger

2. create a man and name it ect man1

3. typing in man1 action ["sitDown", man1]; in the trigger

4. set the trigger to be activated by OPFOR/BLUFOR/Independet.

or you could do this which is much more comlicated.

1. create a trigger

2. type in man1 switchmove "amovpsitmstpsraswrfldnon_smoking";

3. type in man1 disableAI "anim"

4. activation OPFOR/BLUFOR..........

or you could make an .sqf file and type in

man1 switchmove "amovpsitmstpsraswrfldnon_smoking";

and then in a trigger:

this = execVM "sit.sqf

I hope that I explained good enough otherwise send me an PM. ;)

Thanks man. That was very helpful (I had no idea that the "action" command existed), detailed, and worked perfectly :yay:.

Just with using "WaitUntil {_Anim done}": Was what I did right? (shouldn't the animation be named before using the "animation done" command?) Is that how you use the "done" command to see if an animation has been preformed? This is because I thought in order to learn how to use animations, I would make a small mission involving lots of animations to get lots of practice.

Anyway, the sitDown thing worked very well. Thanks for the help :).

Just with using "WaitUntil {_Anim done}": Was what I did right? (shouldn't the animation be named before using the "animation done" command?) Is that how you use the "done" command to see if an animation has been preformed? This is because I thought in order to learn how to use animations, I would make a small mission involving lots of animations to get lots of practice.

no problem and to be honest, i dont know. i'm really bad at this scripting languange.

no problem and to be honest, i dont know. i'm really bad at this scripting languange.

Ah okay. Doesn't matter.. I'll do with "action" command. Cheers for the help man.