Sign in to follow this  
ladlon

Invincible enemy

Not sure if this is an Operation Arrowhead thing or a Cipher (Takistan version) thing, but I've played a few Cipher missions where some of the enemies are totally invincible. I shoot several rounds into them (getting blood hits on them, signifying a hit), yet they don't die at all. I had one enemy running up to me, about 10 feet away, and I unloaded about 10 shots into him, yet nothing.

Other enemies in the same area died with one hit, as normal.

Using Arma2 (fully patched), Operation Arrowhead (fully patched) and Cipher (latest version, as far as I can see).

No idea what the trigger of this issue is. Just tonight, I continued a saved session... Shot one guy (killing him), and after that, the other two guys in the general area were invincible.

Wish I could give you more clues on that, but I figured I'd throw that in... Maybe someone else had a similar situation, or knows what the deal is here.

I've had similar things happen like i'll pop a guy 3 times in the head/chest area and he wont die.

I was thinking initially it might be an 'out of range' thing (as I was shooting at some guys on a hill with a sniper rifle)... but they were actually well within range (300), and blood hits (and when I missed, dirt hits) were visible.

As well, the next guy was running towards me from about 1/2 that distance, and ended up about 10 feet from me (...that's the one I put at least 10 bullets into, each one registering with a blood hit).

Very odd...

Also, it seems like the red name (ex. Machinegunner) would no longer show up for these guys.

You CAN shoot friendlies, right (...like your own squad members, or factions on 'your side')?

Otherwise, maybe the variable (or whatever you want to call it) that stores what side each guy is on is getting futzt, so it thinks it's a friendly, and so it doesn't die.

BTW, I'm playing on Recruit or Regular difficulty.

I've had problems with enemies in the gunner position of vehicles not dieing. Even though I know I hit them several times cause of the visible red blood splatter. I'm not sure if this has to do with I was shooting them from the front or what, but they die just fine when I shoot them from the side or back. Shooting them in the face while they were aiming that 12.7mm Kord at me didn't do anything at all, but piss them off…

^_^,v,,